ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Approved Solihull 25 April 2014 Limited Company Director

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ali_Raza_2244

ILR Approved Solihull 25 April 2014 Limited Company Director

Post by Ali_Raza_2244 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:18 pm

Hello Friends

Just wanted to share the news about my ILR (Tier 1 Category) which got approved yesterday. Big Thanks to the members and the excellent moderators of this forum. Special Thanks to Mind_The_Gap for answering my 6.3 query and mkazimhyobo for answering my self assessment query.

I applied at Solihull with 1 dependent because of good reviews; just to update you that they have moved back to their old office at Dominion Court. The Staff were very helpful and friendly. Office has a small waiting area so once you are done with Biometrics you are asked to go out for few hours until they call you. But if you do not get a call in 2 – 3 hours, you can always go back to the office and request (which I did) and they allowed me to sit in the waiting area.

Answers to few common question in the ILR form:

6.1) I put my Initial Tier 1 General Date which was May 2009 (I came in the UK in 2005)

6.3) I ticked on others and in the Box I wrote please refer to my absence Letter (It is very confusing as the box requires you to put compassionate reasons which was not the case for me but in the end I decided to put that remarks)

7.11) I put total number of years I am living in UK (since 2005 that is 8 Years and X months).

I did not submit Company Accounts, Tax Returns and previous P60’s as I thought they are essential but not required for my application so kept them with me in case they asked but was not required to provide them. Below chart will explain what I provided and what they (Home Office) kept just to give you an idea. Please do let me know if you have any other questions related to my type of application.

Documents Submitted and Home Office Kept (Original / Copies / None )

Application Form with Photographs Original
Passports (old and new) and BRP (Main Applicant and Dependent) Copies Passport & Original Brp
Self Assessment Summary for Tier 1 General None

Knowledge of Language and Life in the UK (Main Applicant)
Life in the UK Test Pass Certificate Copies
Original Bachelors Degree and Transcript (Pakistan) Copies
Letter of Comparability from UK NARIC Copies
Letter from University confirming degree taught in English Copies

Knowledge of Language and Life in the UK (Dependent)
Life in the UK Test Pass Certificate Copies
Original Masters Degree and Transcript (USA) Copies
Letter of Comparability from UK NARIC Copies
Printout from Points based Calculator confirming 10 points Copies

Previous Earnings Assessment
Accountant Letter with breakdown of earnings (Div and Salary) Original
Salary Slips Copies
Dividend Vouchers Copies
Personal Bank Statements Copies
Business Bank Statements Copies

Qualification
Previously submitted but used the same for KOLL

Age Assessment
Passport

UK Experience
Previous earnings documents

Cohabitation
Marriage Certificate Copies
Tenancy Agreement ( Joint ) Copies
Council Tax Letters ( Joint ) Copies
Electoral registration document (Joint) None
Bank Statements (Spouse) None
Barclays Savings Account Letter (Spouse) None
Electricity Bills (Main Applicant) None
Home Office correspondence (For both applicants) None

Absence outside the UK
Letter drafted by my self Original

Other Documents
Letter of Reference from my Agency Hays Recruitment Copies
Invoice Summaries Copies
P60 Current Copies
Company Registration Certificate Copies
Previous IELTS Certificate 2004 (Main Applicant) Copies

vishme6

Re: ILR Approved Solihull 25 April 2014 Limited Company Dire

Post by vishme6 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:22 pm

Hi Ali_Raza_2244,

Congratulations for your ILR. Do you mind sharing the SELF absence (outside UK) letter format as a limited company director?

Thanks,
Vish

Ali_Raza_2244

Post by Ali_Raza_2244 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:04 am

Thanks mate; I don’t mind sharing it, see below.
This was the only confusion I had in filling the form as it is an unusual requirement that does not make any sense for my type of application and absence which were less than 30, so in the end I decided to write this letter for my own satisfaction.

UK Visas and Immigration
XXXX Premium Service Centre
XXXX
XXXX

Date: XXXXX

Dear Sir/Madam

Re: Absence outside the UK

I am writing this letter to explain my absence out of the UK. I have spent total X days outside the UK within my Tier 1 General Visa (XX May 2009 to XX April 2014).

Below is the breakdown of my absence.

Date Left the UK ..... Date returned to the UK....... Number of Days Outside UK .....Reason.....Evidence Provided

Sorry about the formatting this was a Table and I had 3 entires and in the end I mentioned Total number of Days outside UK Also in the Evidence I worte and provided: Copy of E-ticket and copy of passport entry and exit stamps. (Previous Passport 2 Page 8 and Page 13)

I trust the information I have provided is satisfactory, however if you have any questions or queries or require additional information or documents, Please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours faithfully

Name:
Email:
Phone:

vishme6

Post by vishme6 » Tue May 06, 2014 11:01 pm

Thanks Ali_raza_2244. Your template is helpful. I will use the same for my application.

vishme6

Post by vishme6 » Tue May 06, 2014 11:06 pm

Hi,

I am planning to apply for ILR early next week. My company tax year is from May to May. My accountant is providing me summary of my earnings (salary + dividends) during June 12 - May 13 and June 13 - May 14. I asked my accountant to prepare a letter for Apr 13 - Mar 14 as this is my earnings period that I am planning to show. The accountant mentioned the letters they provide are standard letters and people who apply for ILR always use the same letters from them. Accountant also mentioned, if you need such information in a letter than it will be your risk as it is unvalidated information.

I am bit confused what do I do in such case? Can I just draft a letter myself calculating my earnings from Apr-13 to Mar - 14? I can mention reference to the letters provided by the accountant?

Please help.

--Vish

Ali_Raza_2244

Post by Ali_Raza_2244 » Fri May 09, 2014 12:50 pm

Best of Luck for your ILR, Your accountant might be right but I would have requested for the below

Looks like your Visa Earning period is from April 1 2013 to March 31 2014 and your Company Tax Ending year is 30th May 2014. If you are applying as an employee (director) of a Limited company, Your accountant should provide you with only 1 letter mentioning your Visa Earning period (April 2013 to March 31 2014) , Earnings (from Salary and Dividend) and Breakdown/Summary.

Company Accounts are not required for employee (director) of a Limited company but if you are submitting or carrying them with you than it should be based on 2 Years as your Visa period fall in 2 financial Year and your accountant can explain that in the covering letter.

uzairbaig
Newly Registered

Post by uzairbaig » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:56 am

Hi Ali Raza,

I have a quite similar case like yours. I have couple of questions. I hope you can help me on this.

1) Is its important to submit business bank statement? (I believe you applied as employee of limited company not as self employed).

2) And what do you mean by company accounts?

Regards

helloshuban
Newly Registered

Post by helloshuban » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:05 pm

Dear Members,
Can you please tell me how much you would have paid as fee to your accountants for preparing a letter and compiling you taxes, payslips and dividend vouchers. I have received a hefty bill and think it is not reasonable your suggesttion will be of great help.

Ali_Raza_2244

Post by Ali_Raza_2244 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:31 am

sorry folks for replying so late, I forgot my password for this account.

To uzairbaig, I hope you must have got ILR by now and its too late to answer you queries but still i will answer it to help others

1) Company accounts are not required if you are applying as an employee/director of a limited company but i kept it with me in case they ask for. They are accounts which are submitted to company house showing your profit/ loss and how much corporate tax you need to give etc. sorry to explain in such a useless way as I am an IT guy and my accountant usually take care of it.

2) Business Bank Account are required or not ...I was not sure either that's why i submitted mines as there is no harm. If you read the guidance it is not clear.

To helloshuban Again sorry for the late reply

My accountant is managing my account since 2011 so I did not pay him any extra for visa documents. He charges yearly fees of £700 to manage my accounts, filing tax returns , hmrc dealings etc.

I hope I have answer your query and best of luck to both of you for the visa

tierone_extension

Post by tierone_extension » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:54 am

Ali_Raza_2244 wrote:sorry folks for replying so late, I forgot my password for this account.

To uzairbaig, I hope you must have got ILR by now and its too late to answer you queries but still i will answer it to help others

1) Company accounts are not required if you are applying as an employee/director of a limited company but i kept it with me in case they ask for. They are accounts which are submitted to company house showing your profit/ loss and how much corporate tax you need to give etc. sorry to explain in such a useless way as I am an IT guy and my accountant usually take care of it.

2) Business Bank Account are required or not ...I was not sure either that's why i submitted mines as there is no harm. If you read the guidance it is not clear.

To helloshuban Again sorry for the late reply

My accountant is managing my account since 2011 so I did not pay him any extra for visa documents. He charges yearly fees of £700 to manage my accounts, filing tax returns , hmrc dealings etc.

I hope I have answer your query and best of luck to both of you for the visa

Hi Ali_Raza,
I am on Tier 1 General from last around 5 years and due my ILR in May 2015
1. 12L Tier 1 (General) migrant has 2 check boxes
Do i need to check both check boxes or only the 1st check box
As per my understating only 1st check ox should be checked

2. Myself and wife passed LIUK test and in 4.3 checked LIUK test and UKNARIC
For 4.4 do i need to check No check box for myself and wife plz? or go to section 5

Thanks,

Omert
Newly Registered

Post by Omert » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:39 pm

Congrats Ali.

Can you please tell me what did you fill in section 12L.
i am also applying for Tier 1 (general) via 5 yr route, but confused so as to what shall i fill in 12L. first box or both the boxes.4

Thanks!

mnaeem126
inactive

Post by mnaeem126 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:24 pm

if 5 years on tier 1 general then only first box. if leave to remain is mixed like tier 1 general and tier 2 general or ict then the second box as well.