ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IS A RETURN TICKET REQUIRED EEA DIRECTIVE

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

r4b

IS A RETURN TICKET REQUIRED EEA DIRECTIVE

Post by r4b » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:34 pm

Hi, My wife ( Thai ) will be travelling from Bangkok to Dublin ( Ireland ) to meet me ( British passport holder) with the intention of me exercising treaty rights. So she will be travelling with the c visa. The thing is when booking her flight i want to book 1 way as she will not be returning and what is the point in wasting money. However i myself have had problems with 1 way tickets in airports in the past and i expect my wife to have some problems. Unfortunately shes not as stubborn as me and would take at face value what the airline says. I would like to know if there is anything my wife can produce, documents etc to the airline to state she does not require a return flight as she will be joining her husband under the directive. I tried emailing the airline directly to ask them if they would send me something for her to produce at the airline desk but they have not responded. thanks in advance

st2447

Re: IS A RETURN TICKET REQUIRED EEA DIRECTIVE

Post by st2447 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:18 am

You could try showing them the Ireland EU Directive visa guidelines to reassure them that they wont face any fine if they allow you to travel.

2.7 Other than the proofs listed at 2.3 above it is not permitted to request the applicant
to provide additional proofs
(of the sort that would generally be required for an
application made other than under the Directive) regarding the purpose of their travel
to the State and their means of subsistence while in the State e.g. evidence of
employment, invitation letter from host or return ticket.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Processi ... ective.pdf
Surinder Singh
Arrived in Ireland with Pakistani Spouse: 27 Jan 2014
Returned to the UK with Spouse without Family Permit: 7 May 2014
Applied EEA2: 8 June 2014
Received COA with right to work: 19 June 2014
Received UK Residence Card: 30 July 2014

r4b

Re: IS A RETURN TICKET REQUIRED EEA DIRECTIVE

Post by r4b » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:47 pm

st2447 wrote:You could try showing them the Ireland EU Directive visa guidelines to reassure them that they wont face any fine if they allow you to travel.

2.7 Other than the proofs listed at 2.3 above it is not permitted to request the applicant
to provide additional proofs
(of the sort that would generally be required for an
application made other than under the Directive) regarding the purpose of their travel
to the State and their means of subsistence while in the State e.g. evidence of
employment, invitation letter from host or return ticket.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Processi ... ective.pdf
Brilliant, i really appreciate this. thanks