ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re: Can I apply alone for visa without dependents

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

DMKA
Newly Registered

Post by DMKA » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:52 pm

Hi,

I am currently working in Tier-2 (general) visa - my wife and son is my dependent. I am going to change my employer- it could be I need to change my employer in few months time for a better offer again. My query is I am planning to apply alone to change visa with a plan my dependents to apply later once I get the new visa. Will this make my dependents illegitimate ?

uk121
Newly Registered

Post by uk121 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:06 pm

it is always better to include your family members in the new COS, as they are already in the country, but they can go for stamping latter.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:15 pm

the above comment is not correct.
the family members are not included in COS, and there is no such thing as stamping.

Once u apply for a new visa, ur dependents need to apply again as well, at the same time or seperately doesnt matter.
It cant be that u wait to change the job for third time and apply for dependents then.