ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Age Calculation Can any help please????

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kelasen
Newly Registered

Age Calculation Can any help please????

Post by kelasen » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:55 pm

Hi
my Date of birth is 30th July 1979, can anyone please tell me if i fall under 20 points band or under 10 points band. Your help will be highly appriciated.[/b]

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:25 pm

I'm almost inclined to answer that if you need to ask this question ... you don't qualify for HSMP!

Seriously, this is not a complicated issue! How old are you now? 27! = 20 points. How old will you be on 30.07.07? 28! = 10 points!

So best get your application in before your 28th birthday! Indeed get it is as soon as possible.
John

apeterso925

Post by apeterso925 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:22 pm

It might seem like a dumb question, but to be fair to the original poster, I had heard that you had to lodge your application with at least 60 days left until your next birthday (if your age matters for points). And in this case, that matters.

Unfortunately I don't know what the definitive answer is :( But if it were me, I would try to claim the 20 points...and you'll either get the "extra" 10 or you won't, it's up to the caseworker. But I agree with John, get your application in ASAP.

John wrote:I'm almost inclined to answer that if you need to ask this question ... you don't qualify for HSMP!

Seriously, this is not a complicated issue! How old are you now? 27! = 20 points. How old will you be on 30.07.07? 28! = 10 points!

So best get your application in before your 28th birthday! Indeed get it is as soon as possible.

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:29 am

There is no rule like 'atleast 60 days left until your next birthday'. You can claim 20 points if you make sure the application reaches HSMP team before 29/07/07.

As john all this information is already there in the hsmp guidelines, hope you have gone through those things

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:53 am

Thats just it, it is really alarming how people come in and say I heard so and so and ask a basic question like what is my age?
If this is tripping you up, heaven help you for the rest of the application. Honestly, people really need to give it a go before coming to the board and asking the answer for each question as they are going through the application. We are not here to fill out your application.

apeterso925

Post by apeterso925 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:35 am

SYH wrote:Thats just it, it is really alarming how people come in and say I heard so and so and ask a basic question like what is my age?
If this is tripping you up, heaven help you for the rest of the application. Honestly, people really need to give it a go before coming to the board and asking the answer for each question as they are going through the application. We are not here to fill out your application.
I was actually told this (the 60 day clause) straight from the HO - and while I now know from experience that the customer service reps sometimes give incorrect advice - it seems (initially) logical that advice coming FROM the HO trumps any advice coming from this board.

I was merely sharing that advice, with the caveat that I'm now not sure I believe the rep who told me that.