ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SECOND CLASS ROYALMAIL SINCE 14th APRIL.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

OLUMUYIWA
- thin ice -

SECOND CLASS ROYALMAIL SINCE 14th APRIL.

Post by OLUMUYIWA » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:15 pm

Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone could advise me on what to do.
After waiting for 6 months for Home office to decide my application, i contacted my MP and asked her to check on update for me. The MP's secretary rang me on 22nd April to advise me that my Residence Card has been despatched in the post on 14th April by second class Royalmail ( even though i provided a signed-for self-addressed return envelope in my initial application). I figured it was been delayed because of the Royal-mail Easter bank holiday backlogs, but alas, 16 days after despatch, nothing still! I have spoken to 2 staff of Home office customer-service since last week, and both of them gave conflicting information. The first staff told me something was definitely despatched to me on 14th April, the second one said it hasn't been despatched yet .
Today, the MP contacted the home office to ask them again, and once more, they confirmed to her that the RC was despatched on 14th April.

Considering its now 16 days since despatch.....ok lets say 12 days,( if we take into consideration good friday and easter monday breaks, plus 2 Sundays from 14th till 30th April) -

1. Is it too early to start panicking as to whether it might have been lost in the post??? Has anyone ever had to wait for so long to get RC in the post after it has been despatched??

2. What course of actions can i take?? People with personal experiences regarding this, kindly share your experiences.

Cheers.

OLUMUYIWA
- thin ice -

Re: SECOND CLASS ROYALMAIL SINCE 14th APRIL.

Post by OLUMUYIWA » Thu May 01, 2014 8:51 pm

Can anyone help please ?????

univas01
Nigeria

Re: SECOND CLASS ROYALMAIL SINCE 14th APRIL.

Post by univas01 » Thu May 01, 2014 10:54 pm

OLUMUYIWA wrote:Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone could advise me on what to do.
After waiting for 6 months for Home office to decide my application, i contacted my MP and asked her to check on update for me. The MP's secretary rang me on 22nd April to advise me that my Residence Card has been despatched in the post on 14th April by second class Royalmail ( even though i provided a signed-for self-addressed return envelope in my initial application). I figured it was been delayed because of the Royal-mail Easter bank holiday backlogs, but alas, 16 days after despatch, nothing still! I have spoken to 2 staff of Home office customer-service since last week, and both of them gave conflicting information. The first staff told me something was definitely despatched to me on 14th April, the second one said it hasn't been despatched yet .
Today, the MP contacted the home office to ask them again, and once more, they confirmed to her that the RC was despatched on 14th April.

Considering its now 16 days since despatch.....ok lets say 12 days,( if we take into consideration good friday and easter monday breaks, plus 2 Sundays from 14th till 30th April) -

1. Is it too early to start panicking as to whether it might have been lost in the post??? Has anyone ever had to wait for so long to get RC in the post after it has been despatched??

2. What course of actions can i take?? People with personal experiences regarding this, kindly share your experiences.

Cheers.
Can you just check from the nearest royalmail collection office around you? Go there with your ID and explain your situation, hopefully they can sort things out for you if actually HO have since then dispatched it. I do not want to believe it has lost in transit, I do not wish either. Good luck!