ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa - success!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mark_milhouse
Newly Registered

Spouse visa - success!

Post by mark_milhouse » Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:30 pm

Hi everybody,

I would just like to thank every one who contributes to this board. It has helped me a lot. I got my spouse visa in Bombay without an interview within 2 weeks of applying. I had overstayed for 2 months and was fearing the worst. But it all worked out in the end.

I would like to advise applicants to read the sticky carefully on applying, and arm yourself with as much evidence as possible. i also had written a statement stating why I was unable to leave the country before my visa expired and how I had not meant to break any rules on purpose. That really helped a lot too.

I believe if a case is GENUINE, there is no way anyone can stop you from joining your loved one. The caseworkers try their best to help. They even called me personally to tell me to come for a medical checkup.

The immigartion officer at heathrow was very pleasant too.

Thanks again every one.

jamalkhan

Post by jamalkhan » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:09 pm

dude I wish you all the best and pray that you have a happy life.
Overstaying should not be made such a big deal if one excepts the mistake but claiming bogus assulym wasting states money is bad in my opnion.

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:16 pm

Congradulations mark_milhouse,
Yet another excellent example that going back home well prepared and applying will give you a visa to UK even though you have a bad immigration record. Well good luck mark_milhouse and get on with your life in UK and prepare yourself for ILR in 2 years time and be sure to pass Life in the UK test.

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:50 am

congratulations!
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.