ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Transferring EEA2 from paper to passport

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

maroonfor
Newly Registered

Transferring EEA2 from paper to passport

Post by maroonfor » Thu May 01, 2014 3:53 pm

Hello, I've scanned a bit through the forum for an answer to this question but couldn't find anything that was recent and as things seemed to have changed a bit I thought I would ask here. I applied for a residence card and then we needed to travel so I requested the passports back. A couple of weeks later, my application was accepted and a residence card was sent to me on an A4 piece of paper with a letter saying that if needed they could put the residence card in the passport but of course we would have to send the passport and the residence card back. Unfortunately they did not say where to send the passport and residence card and I'm a little reluctant to just blindly send both of those things away after waiting for some time for them. I tried looking on line and couldn't find anything concrete and the number they gave was also fruitless. Does anyone know the procedure to put the residence card in the passport? Has anyone done this before? Thanks for your help!

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Re: Transferring EEA2 from paper to passport

Post by obormot » Thu May 01, 2014 4:05 pm

At least until very recently (say, at least until a few months ago), they would not simply "put residence card in the passport". They were stating that if you want to put it in the passport instead of separate paper, or transfer it from expired to new passport, then you would have to re-submit the whole application again from scratch.
It is probable something changed over last 2-3 moths, though i doubt it. We got EEA2 on a separate A4 piece of paper in January 2014, and I do not remember any mentioning of "send us passport and residence card and we will put residence in your passport" (I could check the documents, but I am pretty sure about it). Was it written on a A4 with EEA2 itself, or on a accompanying letter?

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Thu May 01, 2014 4:08 pm

I don't think they give you the chance to have the RC put in your passport. However, it's not a big problem to have it on the A4 piece of paper. Even recently, they require you to apply again if you need to transfer it to your passport. Pity...but that's how the HO works.

Make sure you at least make 1 photocopy and keep it safe!

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Thu May 01, 2014 4:42 pm

You will have to ma ke a separate application, if you want to have your RC vignette on your passport, and rightly so, considering RC is a confirmation of a right, you will have to demonstrate that the rights still exist before HO will be able to confirm it. I do not think it's worth the stress.

maroonfor
Newly Registered

Post by maroonfor » Wed May 14, 2014 8:57 am

Alright, that's what I suspected but just wanted to check as it does seem to be that things have changed in the past few months and @obormot, yes, I did say it on an accompanying letter. Thank you for your help.