ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switch from Tier 2 ICT Long Term to Tier 2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ANAG
Newly Registered

Switch from Tier 2 ICT Long Term to Tier 2 General

Post by ANAG » Fri May 02, 2014 9:31 am

Hi There,

I have an urgent query and would be grateful if you can provide me with some direction. I am working with an employer here in the UK on Tier 2 ICT Long Term Staff issued in November 2012. I am now aspiring for a career opportunity with a different employer who is ready to sponsor me a Tier 2 General visa. Please can you help me understand the following -

1. Can I resign from my current employer, go back to India and come back to the UK with the new employer on a Tier 2 General ?

2. Can the new employer process my COS before I submit my resignation with the current employer / go back to India ?

Regards,
ANAG

ilrcandidate
Newly Registered

Re: Switch from Tier 2 ICT Long Term to Tier 2 General

Post by ilrcandidate » Fri May 02, 2014 10:09 am

1. As your initial visa was issued against the immigration routes in place after July-2012, you will be subject to 12 months cooling period before you can apply for a tier 2 general visa.

2. When you become eligible, your new employer can process CoS and you can apply for an entry clearance visa without having to resign from your existing job. In fact, experts on this forum advice people to get the visa stamped before resigning from existing jobs.

ANAG
Newly Registered

Post by ANAG » Fri May 02, 2014 10:25 am

Thank you very much, I just have another follow up question -

Can my wife who is on Tier 2 ICT Long Term Staff Partner (Dependent) process her Tier 2 General visa without having to serve the cooling off period ?

Regards,
ANAG

ANAG
Newly Registered

Post by ANAG » Fri May 02, 2014 2:06 pm

I am just trying to find out if my wife who is on a Tier 2 ICT Long Term Dependent can get a Tier 2 General and I become her dependent, without her having to serve a cooling off period.

In addition to that, Can she get a Tier 2 ICT Long Term (primary) visa from Tier 2 ICT Long term dependent without having to server a cooling off period.

Please Help.

Regards,
ANAG

ilrcandidate
Newly Registered

Post by ilrcandidate » Fri May 02, 2014 5:02 pm

>>I am just trying to find out if my wife who is on a Tier 2 ICT Long Term Dependent can get a Tier 2 General and I become her dependent, without her having to serve a cooling off period.

Yes (assuming your wife is currently not subject to tier 2 PBS cooling period), but it will need to be applied from your home country and she will need a restricted CoS (RLMT will be required unless the job is not shortage of occupation list). Please refer to an earlier similar thread for more details:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 39761.html

Regarding your 2nd question, I will leave it to the experts to respond.