ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help Required with British Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Orange12
Newly Registered

Help Required with British Citizenship

Post by Orange12 » Fri May 02, 2014 9:45 am

Dear Members Greetings!

I got ILR on Oct 2012 through Tier1 PBS. my daughter was born in UK while I was in Tier1 and took my home country Passport and applied her ILR along with me on Oct 2012.
My wilfe applied her ILR on Jun 2013 once she completed required 2 years period in UK.

Now well all are holding ILR.

Can please help with clarify below points.

1. As per my understanding BC can be able to apply once you completed 12 months. as I completed more than 12 months hope i can able to apply the BC now.

2. Even my daughter born in UK, I took my home country passport and applied ILR. Do i need to follow any additional route for her BC or Can i able to apply BC along with me.

3. My Wife will complete Required 12 months in ILR and 3 years residency period on coming June 2014. If i wait until June 2014, Can she able to apply the BC along with Me. or She need to wait until I got the BC.

4. Can all of us ( myself, wife, daughter) can able to apply BC together after June 2014. using same normal route.

Thanks,
Orange

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Re: Help Required with British Citizenship

Post by shahid2000 » Fri May 02, 2014 11:03 am

See below in bold. Also I suggest you read FAQ.
Orange12 wrote:Dear Members Greetings!

I got ILR on Oct 2012 through Tier1 PBS. my daughter was born in UK while I was in Tier1 and took my home country Passport and applied her ILR along with me on Oct 2012.
My wilfe applied her ILR on Jun 2013 once she completed required 2 years period in UK.

Now well all are holding ILR.

Can please help with clarify below points.

1. As per my understanding BC can be able to apply once you completed 12 months. as I completed more than 12 months hope i can able to apply the BC now.
Yes, as long as you have also spent 5 years in the country.

2. Even my daughter born in UK, I took my home country passport and applied ILR. Do i need to follow any additional route for her BC or Can i able to apply BC along with me.
She will have to be registered as a British Citizen using MN1. This will be slightly differnt from your application using AN1 as she is "entitled" but you are not.

3. My Wife will complete Required 12 months in ILR and 3 years residency period on coming June 2014. If i wait until June 2014, Can she able to apply the BC along with Me. or She need to wait until I got the BC.
No she cannot. If she had been in the country for 5 years + 1 year ILR then she could apply with you - it sounds like she has only been here for 3 years. She will have to wait until you get your citizenship and then afterwards she can apply as a spouse of BC.

4. Can all of us ( myself, wife, daughter) can able to apply BC together after June 2014. using same normal route.
Read above - and read the FAQs its all in there :)

Thanks,
Orange

Orange12
Newly Registered

Re: Help Required with British Citizenship

Post by Orange12 » Fri May 02, 2014 2:11 pm

Thanks Shahid for valuable input