ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Salary on wage slip different from bank statement

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nacir
Newly Registered

Salary on wage slip different from bank statement

Post by nacir » Fri May 02, 2014 2:16 pm

Hi, I'm on Tier 1 General and going to apply for ILR soon.

For the month of March 2014, the salary that was credited into my bank account by my employer was £1,079.70, while the net pay on my wage slip shows an amount of £991.70. This means that there is a difference of £88. This difference of £88 is fuel money but it doesn't show on the wage slip.

What would you guys advise on this? Should I get an amended wage slip from my employer? Or should I simply get a letter from the employer saying what this difference of £88 is? It would be difficult for them to amend the wage slip, so I am a bit confused as to what should I do. They will probably be happy to issue me a letter explaining what this difference of £88 is. What, in your opinion, would be a better course of action?

Any advice will be appreciated.

smartkhan
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Salary on wage slip different from bank statement

Post by smartkhan » Fri May 02, 2014 2:48 pm

That's wrong. Either get the amended payslip or a letter from employer explaining the difference.

Macro_Run
Member of Standing

Post by Macro_Run » Fri May 02, 2014 2:50 pm

Get a letter from employer that saying the difference of your amount for the specific month.

nacir
Newly Registered

Post by nacir » Fri May 02, 2014 4:30 pm

Thanks. I got my answer.

Our accounts manager just emailed me and said that it is not possible to send me an amended payslip. They are, however, happy to provide a letter (on the official letterhead of the company) stating why the salary on payslip is different from the one that actually got credited into the bank account.

Thanks for your help...

smartkhan
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by smartkhan » Fri May 02, 2014 4:33 pm

Ask them to write the reason why it's different. Also the amount credited in bank and amount on wage slip. Get a detailed letter.

Macro_Run
Member of Standing

Post by Macro_Run » Fri May 02, 2014 4:55 pm

It should be company stamp with signature as well.