ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Exemption for the Plab Medical Exam

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mitchrahma
Newly Registered

Exemption for the Plab Medical Exam

Post by Mitchrahma » Fri May 02, 2014 6:51 pm

Hi Everyone, I am asking regarding the exemption from the Plab test, I am a qualified Iraqi doctor and presently I am subject to a Spouse Visa and living in the UK. I have contacted the GMC many times and have been informed that as my spouse is British I am therefore not exempt. Can anyone clarify more on this matter for me please? Also can anyone recommend an appropriate lawyer to help me?

Mrbean
Newly Registered

Re: Exemption for the Plab Medical Exam

Post by Mrbean » Sat May 03, 2014 9:34 am

Yes u need to write Plab test in order practise in uk. Since you are not the british citizen yet therefore you are not exempted.

Mitchrahma
Newly Registered

Post by Mitchrahma » Sat May 03, 2014 6:25 pm

Thanx for replay, however, I have heard the spouse of an EU national has exemption from plab! that is why I am asking as my spouse is British and got the EU passport!

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat May 03, 2014 7:14 pm

You may not be an exempt person for the purpose of the provisions of the Medical Act. See also, Factsheet on rights for nationals of European states and those with an enforceable Community right (click).

The issue is that your spouse is British and would not be exercising EC rights in the UK, it may be different if your spouse was, for example, Spanish. Contact the GMC for further information.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Mrbean
Newly Registered

Post by Mrbean » Sun May 04, 2014 9:36 am

Mitchrahma wrote:Thanx for replay, however, I have heard the spouse of an EU national has exemption from plab! that is why I am asking as my spouse is British and got the EU passport!
What's your nationality that does matter? I assume that you are not EU. It does not matter whether ur spouse british or not, believe me there is no such exemption from Plab exists on basis of british spouse. You need to complete PLAB. If still not convinced then you can call GMC they are very helpful,would give you genuine advice.