ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent help regarding naturalisation!

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

janet0001

Urgent help regarding naturalisation!

Post by janet0001 » Fri May 02, 2014 11:14 pm

I have recently applied for irish citizenship and waiting on decision,unfortunately,something stupid happen and me and my girls had a brawl in the bar and police was called,long story short,I was given caution today and collected my phone number to be invited on a later date to accept the caution. My question is,would this be put on my record after I might have gone in to see the superintendent to accept the formal caution? more so,do I need to disclose it to naturalisation department? would it affect my on going application? after 15 yrs in the country,this is the first time of getting a caution. I also wanna know how long it takes for them to vet before submitting it to the minister for decision...I need good advice here guys,I'm dying and trembling inside.

sprangebeanie1
Newly Registered

Re: Urgent help regarding naturalisation!

Post by sprangebeanie1 » Fri May 02, 2014 11:25 pm

They most likely wont call you up. They only call if the other party takes the matters ahead. I was in the same boat. But i never got a call or letter. After 4 years I applied for F20 form and there was no record of me with garda. But yes, if you do get a caution , u will get a record. But i am nearly sure that u will not be called.

janet0001

Post by janet0001 » Fri May 02, 2014 11:34 pm

Thx 4 ur reply.So,does it mean it won't be recorded against me until I'm called? so I do not need to inform inis at this point?

sprangebeanie1
Newly Registered

Post by sprangebeanie1 » Fri May 02, 2014 11:37 pm

Trust me. They wont call. Only if supritndt thinks it is worth it. Also for a caution u need to sign a big form. I was in same position. Was actually arrested for 4 hours as i was too drunk.

sprangebeanie1
Newly Registered

Post by sprangebeanie1 » Fri May 02, 2014 11:40 pm

But yes if 1% u do receive a caution. U can then inform inis.

janet0001

Post by janet0001 » Fri May 02, 2014 11:40 pm

Yah,I signed the big yellow form,my concern is with regard to naturalisation garda background check,won't that come up and get a refusal base on that for not being of a good character?

Conejo77
Newly Registered

Post by Conejo77 » Fri May 02, 2014 11:42 pm

Hi Janet0001,

Unfortunately, the Naturalization-INIS-guys will know about your problem because of the Police statements.
Example: One of my friends had a similar problem when drinking in a pub a few years ago. He applied 9 months earlier and his application got rejected because of that (he didn't say anything to the INIS-guys thinking they wouldn't know).

My advice is: ask for a letter in the garda Station, so they can clarify if you are innocent, and send it with a message to the INIS-guys in Tipperary. In your message you can explain your situation and that YOU PROMISE you won't do it again. If you are guilty, ask Garda to be nice in the letter they draft and be extra-nice in the message you send. INIS-guys are human too and they will balance good deed and bad deed in your situation (they will definitely take in account your 15 years of good behavior).

Don't let time pass or they might cross reference your name/ppsn with any incident reported in Garda Database. I'm an IT analyst/engineer at IBM and we do this kind of service for INIS-guys every fortnight and I can tell you that even if we just have a name INIS-guys ask us to pull as much information as possible from reports (address, age, ppsn, phone number, etc).

I'm sorry to ear what happen, but take action and don't be a victim twice.

Good look.

Conejo77

sprangebeanie1
Newly Registered

Post by sprangebeanie1 » Fri May 02, 2014 11:45 pm

Did they say it was a caution ?? Only supridnt can give u a caution.

May be that was a informal caution.

If you accepted a formal caution , then yes it stays on your record. But i am nearly sure that the yellow form was something else.

janet0001

Post by janet0001 » Fri May 02, 2014 11:49 pm

Thx Conejo,I appreciate this,should I wait till I'm called to the station to get the caution? or should I go and ask them to draft me a letter immediately? as I've been told to wait for a call from them.When you say u work with IT for INIS,how long after submitting an application these days does it take for them to request a background check? thx

janet0001

Post by janet0001 » Fri May 02, 2014 11:53 pm

@ sprangebeanie1,I was just told that I've been cautioned and free to go since its my first contact with the law,I signed the paper and they wrote my phone number on the form and said I'll be called to come back to the station to receive the caution letter or some sort.I'm really confused now...

sprangebeanie1
Newly Registered

Post by sprangebeanie1 » Fri May 02, 2014 11:57 pm

Janet,

I cant remember if I had to sign something as well as i was too drunk. But they did take a lot of details down and told me the same thing. I never got a call.
I was a bit worried and called garda station after 3 years and spoke to a friendly garda about my story and he said you should be okay and there would be no record. I then applied for F 20 form and sent it to Garda criminal records and it came back clean after 3 weeks. I have now applied for my citizenship too.

janet0001

Post by janet0001 » Sat May 03, 2014 12:01 am

@ sprangebeanie1 have u gotten an approval on urs? how long have u been waiting?

sprangebeanie1
Newly Registered

Post by sprangebeanie1 » Sat May 03, 2014 12:04 am

No . I have just applied recently.
I would suggest that you contact the garda station and ask for more information.

janet0001

Post by janet0001 » Sat May 03, 2014 12:09 am

thx sprangebeanie1... don't know if INIS guys take months b4 requesting garda vetting or they don that after 2nd acknowledgement letter,well,story of my life.

Conejo77
Newly Registered

Post by Conejo77 » Sat May 03, 2014 12:10 am

Hi Janet,

I need to be clear here, I'm a contractor working for IBM, we do background checks twice per month using a list of applicants on a database. unfortunately I don't know anything about processing dates. We just run a list of ppl on the database and if any name rings a bell we pass a report (and usually it rings).

Whatever the INIS-guys do with that is another story. My advice is act ASAP and don't procrastinate this kind of situatuions (as they see this kind of thins as PERJURY).

If I where you, would go to the Garda station and ask for a clearance letter. Don't wait untill they call you because, well... you know,.. Garda is not gonna care about you... they will deal with you when they have time.

Take care,

Conejo

janet0001

Post by janet0001 » Sat May 03, 2014 12:19 am

Thx Canejo,I think I'm doomed here...

sprangebeanie1
Newly Registered

Post by sprangebeanie1 » Sat May 03, 2014 12:23 am

Well if you are.... So will i be.... So be happy...not the end of the world. If i were u... I wud wait and see what happens
Worst case scenario u can apply again and then disclose.

Am sure we will both be fine...

janet0001

Post by janet0001 » Sat May 03, 2014 12:30 am

thx...

Love211

Post by Love211 » Sat May 03, 2014 4:28 pm

I think 1st tell them nothing just apply if the find out the will write u back asking for more information if u lucky and garda lazy you be ok I promise u if u tell them u will going to wait years before any thing happened I think just apply . I know lot of people the already get approved saying nothing and some people I know wating over years because the have only over speed believe me no one knows how this system works its all depend on the officer who have ur file iin this days the are very good good luck .

janet0001

Post by janet0001 » Sat May 03, 2014 4:51 pm

thx 4 ur input,u said u know of some people who has been in the same boat as me and got their naturalisation fine? Canejo said he work for inis guys and they usually ask them to dig up everything in background check,and also a friend of his got refused 9 months after applying. I've already applied 3 months ago and just recently got the caution few days ago and waiting for it to be administer.They might have done the vetting b4 the caution is issued and registered on the computer,or is it the same day that one get arrested that the caution goes on the police national computer? still worrisome really!

janet0001

Post by janet0001 » Sat May 03, 2014 5:01 pm

I also heard for the caution to be on ur record,u need to have been invited to meet the superintendent and formally receive it and then it goes on ur record for life,is that true? it won't be on ur record the day u got arrested but until you're formally given a copy u sign?