ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Only one salary paid through cheque

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nacir
Newly Registered

Only one salary paid through cheque

Post by nacir » Sun May 04, 2014 12:40 pm

Hi, I'm on Tier 1 General and going to apply for ILR soon.

I was going through my payslips and bank statements and I realized that for one month out of twelve, I was paid by a cheque. All the other 11 salaries have been paid to me by direct bank transfers. For 11 salaries, the narration that goes in my bank statement is 'Wages for the month of ________ from ABC Co. Ltd.'. But for the one month when I was paid by cheque, the narration is 'Receipt'. Please note that the Net Salary amount on my wage slip for this particular month and the amount credited into the bank (and showing on my bank statement) is the same i.e. £1,775.

What would you guys say on this? Is it alright? Or do you think that I should get a letter from my employer saying that for this particular month, I was paid by cheque? Or do you think there's no need for such a letter and the wage slip along with bank statement should suffice?

I don't have a copy of the cheque that was deposited in the bank, but I do have a receipt from bank that says that a cheque of £1,775 was deposited in the account on such and such date.

Any advice will be appreciated.

smartkhan
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Only one salary paid through cheque

Post by smartkhan » Sun May 04, 2014 1:25 pm

Get a letter from employer confirming this. Ask the employer to explain why it was deposited by cheque. You should be fine if you have employer letter.