ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Notarising documents in India

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

busa

Post by busa » Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:57 pm

Hi

I am not planning to send some of the original documents. So I have to get my documents attested. As mentioned in the guidelines document, copies should be notarised.

I had approached the british consulate for getting attested so that it would apppear more authentic. But they said first you need to get it attested from the notary then from the ministry. After that they will only verify that its authetic attestation. And the charge is Rs.1100 per document.

Q1) What is the actual procedure for notarising in India ?

Q2) Do we need to get it attested for Ministry also ? If yes how ?

Raghu
Newly Registered

Post by Raghu » Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:39 am

IF its educational certificates the process is

1. Notary
2. Ministry of HRD, Delhi
3. Ministry of External Affairs, Delhi
4. Home ministry / Any other local equivalent authority if you are in a state other than Maharashtra.

I had to get the above done for my employment visa to Dubai. I had to get my educational certs attested in Dubai for another reason and the British Council did it as I had already done the above. They charges me 60 Dhs (INR 720) per certification.

I think just the notary should do for the HSMP. Maybe you can ask the university to attest it too.

cheers,
Raghu