ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen visa refused twice - Apply third time?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

amrhady

Schengen visa refused twice - Apply third time?

Post by amrhady » Wed May 07, 2014 10:46 am

Hi everyone,

I applied for a Schengen visa back in January 2014, which got refused. Letter said "justification for the purpose and conditions of the intended stay was not reliable." I had a trip panned in February and paid in advance, so once I got the refusal letter, I decided to apply again because I noticed a mistake in the hotel address in the application and I thought that would make it work.

However, this got refused again with the same reason. I appealed but got no reply.

Now I am supposed to go on a company trip to Spain mid June, and I am thinking to apply again attaching a company letter to confirm my trip.

All what I am concerned about is if I get another refusal, would it affect my Tier 1 extension and/or ILR. Would I have any problems while entering UK?

appreciate any advice on this.

mr_mar

Re: Schengen visa refused twice - Apply third time?

Post by mr_mar » Wed May 07, 2014 5:10 pm

There is no link between UK Immigration and Schengen database.
Nothing to worry about this side.
For applying for the third time, if it is for work and another country then it is OK (even if they will see you got refused twice).
You need to cover all the requirements of the visa and make sure you have a travel insurance that covers all Europe (or your company letter/s should state that you are covered everywhere in Europe). The French visa office (the partner) gave me the opportunity to send them the corrected letter before they send the application to the consulate.

amrhady

Post by amrhady » Thu May 08, 2014 8:29 am

Thanks mr_mar.

I am just looking for feedback if anyone on this forum had any similar experience. Whether it's when applying for T1 extension or entering UK.

To be honest, I still don't understand why as Tier1 visa holder and UK resident, I still have to apply for a visa to travel to the rest of Europe. I understand about the Schengen zone and European border movement agreements, but as a UK passport holder you can travel freely to the rest of Europe, so I just don't see why can't this be applicable as well, specifically, to highly skilled UK immigrants.

mr_mar

Post by mr_mar » Thu May 08, 2014 12:59 pm

The answer is easy. The UK joined the EU (which they regret now) but did not sign the Schengen agreement because they know that all poor people in Europe will flow to it. So the EU care about your situation in the UK as you need to get back after your visit. It is the only thing they need.