ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refusal based on NFQ Level 4

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

benjamin2000

Refusal based on NFQ Level 4

Post by benjamin2000 » Wed May 07, 2014 12:03 pm

Hi Guys,

I got my refusal letter today. The reasons stated are:
For requirement (iv) of paragraph 41-SD (e) although you have provided a job title that is listed in Appendix J, you have not supplied any of the specified evidence listed at paragraph 41-SD to demonstrate that your business is trading as claimed and that you are offering the services indicated by your job-title as a business.

As evidence of trading activity you have supplied an invoice, a delivery note and a catalogue from your supplier, a bank letter and statement from Barclays (with whom you have a business account with) and telephone bills.

The above evidence is not acceptable because the documents provided from your supplier and telephone bills are not specified evidence listed at paragraph 41-SD(e)(iv) of the Immigration Rules, which states that one of the following must be provided as evidence of trading –

(1) a contract. If a contract is not an original the applicant must sign each page .
The contract must show:
(a) the applicant’s name and the name of the business
(b) the service provided by the applicant’s business;
(c) the name of the other party or parties involved in the contract and their contact details, including their full address, postal code and, where available landline phone number and any email address; or

(2) An original letter from a UK-regulated financial trading institution with which the applicant has a business bank account, on the institution’s headed paper, confirming that the business is trading
You have not supplied any contracts as listed above.
With regards to the bank letter you have provided from Barclays, this does not meet the above requirements because it is a welcome letter and does not confirm that the business is trading.

Although you have supplied the evidence as listed in paragraph 41-SD(e) of Appendix A of the Immigration Rules, we are not satisfied that you are working in an occupation skilled at NQF4 level 4.
As stated above, “working” in the context excludes any work involved in the administration, marketing or website functions for your own business.

Your stated job title of Director and Bicycle Mechanic (SOC code 1259) does not reflect the services that your business is offering as the evidence that you have supplied for business activity shows that the core service of your business is buying, selling and repairing bicycles.

The role and services you provide as a bicycle mechanic relates to SOC code 5231which is NQF3.
It is therefore considered that the job title that you have chosen reflects only the work that you have undertaking within your own business towards its administration, marketing or website functions.
As such, you have failed to demonstrate that the core service your business provides to your customers or clients involves delivering a service in an occupation at NQF level 4.

As a result of the above, you have not demonstrated that you meet the requirement of the Rules to be awarded points under provision (d) in the first row of Table 4 of Appendix A.
You have submitted no evidence that you qualify for points under any of the provisions in the first row of Table 4 of Appendix A, for example having access to £200,000, and we have been unable to award points for this attribute in accordance with Appendix A of the immigration Rules.
I have supplied them with my business account welcome letter and bank statements and I also included my bank manager business card as Barclays were taking forever to send me the "Evidence of Trading Letter". And I only got 28 days to submit the application.

As for the business, they are claiming I can't claim to be a manager of a service not classified elsewhere even though Bicycle Cafe (My business is a bicycle cafe) isn't classified anywhere else. But the caseworker is happy to bump my down down to NFQ level 3 even though the same mad man claim I didn't demonstrate enough that my business is trading but somehow I demonstrated I have a business which trading activity is graded as NQF level 3.

I want to prepare a Pre Action Protocol before going for Judicial Review. I will include the "Evidence of Trading Letter" from Barclays Bank that arrived after I submitted the application.

I really need you guys advice on the SOC code issue because I think thats the core of their argument and defence. This is my second application. So this is my final option.

Thanks in advance.

benjamin2000

Re: Refusal based on NFQ Level 4

Post by benjamin2000 » Wed May 07, 2014 7:16 pm

I also want to ask if by the time of the JR my company have started designing and production of bicycles part and accessories, (although the production Will be outsourced to a company in China due to cost) which is a NQF level 4 service, will it be considered at the judicial review? I wanted to do it next year but I think I have to move it forward.

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Thu May 08, 2014 8:39 am

@ benjamin2000, bicycle cafe seem an unusual service under NQF level 4, can you explain fully what your business offers to its customers?

Being a manager of a company doesn't make the business to be at NQF level 4, you as a manager is simply doing an NQF level 4 role but what role does your business qualifies under?
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

Darvesh
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Darvesh » Thu May 08, 2014 12:39 pm

Your stated job title of Director and Bicycle Mechanic (SOC code 1259) does not reflect the services that your business is offering as the evidence that you have supplied for business activity shows that the core service of your business is buying, selling and repairing bicycles
caseworker has clearly indicated your proposed business services based on on your document supplied with application. going for JR, how u will prove caseworker assumption negative? please do consult a very good solicitor for available option u might have .

benjamin2000

Post by benjamin2000 » Thu May 08, 2014 2:41 pm

@Olasunkanmi, my business is like Halfords. I buy and sell bicycles. I also carry out repairs, bicycle inspection and fixings. The bicycle side of the business is then combined with the cafe side. Which means you can come to the cafe to do the following:
Have a drink (Tea and coffee mostly)
Buy some light foods. (Snacks)
Buy a bicycle or bicycle parts/accessories
Bring your bike in for repairs and servicing
Use the free computers for internet browsing
Print out your documents
Scan your documents

So these are the current services the bicycle cafe offers. But I was planning on designing bicycle accessories and outsourcing the production to a company in China next year. What I want to know is, if I move this side of the business (design and production of bicycle accessories) forward and have a few businesses I supply the products to on credit, can I claim the SOC 3422 NQF level 4 (Product, clothing and related designers) at the judicial review?

Thanks in advance.

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Fri May 09, 2014 3:09 pm

@ benjamin2000, I think your business is retail (buying and selling) which is below NQF level 4.

It will be very difficult for you to claim the SOC 3422 NQF level 4 (Product, clothing and related designers) at the judicial review since you didn't include it in your initial application, but you can try your best.

I will advice you to have alternative plan in place should in case.

benjamin2000

Post by benjamin2000 » Fri May 09, 2014 6:19 pm

@Olusunkanmi thanks for your reply. What alternative plans do you think I can make? I will qualify for ILR in September but this refusal is likely to affect my 10 years count of continuous legal stay.

I was thinking of increasing my personal account bank to £200k and asking a barrister to write to HO and ask them for a reconsideration. Since access to 200k means the job doesn't have to be qualified at NQF level 4.

What do you think? Thanks for all your advice so far.

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Sat May 10, 2014 9:06 am

@ benjamin2000, if you will qualify for 10yrs long residency by Sept. 2014, then your best option is to continue the JR process and then submit your ILR application about 28days before you complete the 10yrs while your JR is still on-going.

You do not need to withdraw your JR while submitting your ILR application.

benjamin2000

Post by benjamin2000 » Sun May 11, 2014 6:44 pm

Olasunkanmi wrote:@ benjamin2000, if you will qualify for 10yrs long residency by Sept. 2014, then your best option is to continue the JR process and then submit your ILR application about 28days before you complete the 10yrs while your JR is still on-going.

You do not need to withdraw your JR while submitting your ILR application.
@Olasunkanmi, thanks for your reply. I will file for judicial review next month.
Do you you know the average waiting time for judicial review?

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Thu May 15, 2014 2:32 pm

@ benjamin2000, you can follow the thread on judicial review and you will be able to get full detail of the waiting time.