ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extra money in bank account. Please advise...

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Tahir78
Newly Registered

Extra money in bank account. Please advise...

Post by Tahir78 » Wed May 07, 2014 11:40 pm

Dear members,

Im in the process of applying for my wife's visa.

I have 2 jobs and both are taxed.
My monthly salary goes into my bank account for the first job, and my second job is paid by cash as its part time and only 4hrs a week and get around £120 net.

For my second job, would it be a problem as the wage is not deposited into the bank by the employer? I have payslips and taxes are being paid.

The other question I have is, I sometimes put in extra cash into my bank account to pay off household bills via direct debit. The money is collected from family members.

Would that be a problem for the Ukba. Will they ask me where the extra money is coming from? If its going to be a problem, should stop paying in..

I would really appreciate any response.

Thank you

WR1

Re: Extra money in bank account. Please advise...

Post by WR1 » Thu May 08, 2014 9:01 pm

The extra money going into your account would not be considered as part of your application (Home Office no longer take into account third party support).

You just to need to ensure you are earning a minimum of £18,600 gross per annum in order to sponsor your partner.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Tahir78
Newly Registered

Post by Tahir78 » Thu May 08, 2014 11:27 pm

Thank your for the reply. Really appreciate it.

In regards to the question about me receiving cash for my second job. Would it be a problem, as its not being paid in to my bank account?

The amount I receive is taxed and have payslips to show.

Thank you

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Fri May 09, 2014 9:26 am

Being paid in cash is not an issue but you must put it into your account if it's used to meet the financial requirement. The ECO needs to see the payslips AND amounts on your bank statement to evidence that you were actually paid.