ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When can i apply for British Citizenship ?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

guyinlondon

When can i apply for British Citizenship ?

Post by guyinlondon » Thu May 08, 2014 9:55 am

Dear Experts,

Hope you can clarify my doubt.

I want to know when can i apply for British Citizenship.

Is it after 5 years Tier 1 (GHSM) + 1 Year (ILR) = 6 Years Or Is it after 1 Year (ILR) ?

The reason i am asking this question because I have got my Tier 1 GHSM on 09th October 2008 and six years will finish on 09th October 2014 but i have got my ILR 3 weeks early and my one year on ILR will be finished on 12th September 2014.

My question is can i apply after 12th september or shall i wait till 09th October.

Please ask if my question is not clear.

Thanks,
Amit

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: When can i apply for British Citizenship ?

Post by CR001 » Thu May 08, 2014 11:19 am

Naturalisation is based on the 5 years residence immediately prior to application. So it is 1 year on ILR and 4 years on visa.

You can apply exactly 12 months from the date you were granted ILR and also make sure that you were physically present on the exact date in 2009 that HO receives your application, which means you need to meet the residence requirement for September 2009 to September 2014.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

guyinlondon

Re: When can i apply for British Citizenship ?

Post by guyinlondon » Thu May 08, 2014 11:35 am

CR001 wrote:Naturalisation is based on the 5 years residence immediately prior to application. So it is 1 year on ILR and 4 years on visa.

You can apply exactly 12 months from the date you were granted ILR and also make sure that you were physically present on the exact date in 2009 that HO receives your application, which means you need to meet the residence requirement for September 2009 to September 2014.

Thank you very much for your help mate.