ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Elderly parents nationality app

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Freeman78

Elderly parents nationality app

Post by Freeman78 » Thu May 08, 2014 1:49 pm

Hi

My Parents Came to UK in JULY 2011 on Visit Visa. During their stay in UK, our circumstances substantially changed and we applied ILR for them. The application was approved in May 2012 (on the basis of elderly parents of Settled British Citizen).

Can senior forum especially Amber. please advise when my parents can apply for Naturalisation/Citizenship.

Do they have to wait for three years from the date of first arrival or is it different?

Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Elderly parents nationality app

Post by Amber » Thu May 08, 2014 2:13 pm

Were your parents overstayers at all? I would think so, in such case 5 years after ILR. However, there is some discretion, what were the circumstances, illness?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Freeman78

Post by Freeman78 » Thu May 08, 2014 3:11 pm

Thanks Amber. They came on visit visa and applied for ilr and were granted ilr. No over stay at all.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu May 08, 2014 3:12 pm

Then they may apply for citizenship from July 2016.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

akash08

Post by akash08 » Thu May 08, 2014 4:08 pm

Freeman78 wrote:Hi

My Parents Came to UK in JULY 2011 on Visit Visa. During their stay in UK, our circumstances substantially changed and we applied ILR for them. The application was approved in May 2012 (on the basis of elderly parents of Settled British Citizen).

Can senior forum especially Amber. please advise when my parents can apply for Naturalisation/Citizenship.

Do they have to wait for three years from the date of first arrival or is it different?

Thanks

Hi Freeman,

can you please let us know how did you justify the case of your parents? I understand it is very difficult nowadays to get ILR for them as you have to prove they can not be taken care of in care homes in their countries and their health condition is such that they can not wask or cook etc.

If you share some details on how you approached this, this will help us a lot.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu May 08, 2014 4:27 pm

The rules were different (laxer) then, simple as.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....