ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

no employment as a professional sportsperson

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

NAR

no employment as a professional sportsperson

Post by NAR » Fri May 09, 2014 8:40 am

I am guessing this means you can't be HIRED as professional sportsperson. So what if you ARE a pro. sportsperson such as Pro Golfer who is not hired by anyone but plays it professionally (for prize money in competitions)?

Thank you

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Re: no employment as a professional sportsperson

Post by PaperPusher » Fri May 09, 2014 11:22 am

Yes, but there is the restriction on working only in the business or businesses you have established or taken over.

benjamin2000

Post by benjamin2000 » Fri May 09, 2014 11:47 am

NAR wrote:I am guessing this means you can't be HIRED as professional sportsperson. So what if you ARE a pro. sportsperson such as Pro Golfer who is not hired by anyone but plays it professionally (for prize money in competitions)?

Thank you
@NAR, no you can't play golf. Hahaha. Joke aside. There is a different visa category for sportsmen and sportwomen. It is not the Entrepreneur visa. Got to GOV.UK. You will find it there under Immigration and Visas section.

NAR

Post by NAR » Fri May 09, 2014 5:48 pm

Thanx guys for joining in. I do in fact know about the other options for sportsperson but T1 Ent is a more direct approach, with "possible chance" of ILR in 3 years and i know they don't take just ANY sportsperson, i mean not every pro golfer is Tiger Woods!

I do understand that you need to be ONLY working for the business/businesses you have established or taken over; would making money off a sport considered working for others?

Do UKBA Case workers answers questions over the phone, can we hold them liable on their answers?

Can you pay for face to face meeting with one of them to ask questions rather than solicitors?

I don't trust solicitors anymore really after meeting some of them and almost all of them are giving contradicting answers (not on this question) but on other simple ones that are clearly in the guide policy but i ask them anyway just to test and see if they even read the policy!