ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Success PEO Croydon 6th May 2014 + LIUK test questions

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Success PEO Croydon 6th May 2014 + LIUK test questions

Post by silent_warrior » Fri May 09, 2014 12:33 pm

My ILR (SET (O) application at Croydon PEO for the 6th of May 2014 was successful. I applied with one dependent.
Appointment was for 2 pm but arrived by 1:00 pm. Arrived early as I did not want to take any chance of delay with my pregnant wife. The centre was really packed with lots of applicants; many of them were families (couples with children)

My process timeline is below
1:30 pm: Ticket Issued and had to wait in the cafeteria to be called.
2:10: Ticket number called out on Screen (there are many screens around that indicate the complete progress of applications with respect to their ticket numbers)
2:15: Officer recorded details and sent us for Biometrics.
2:45: Biometrics done. Came back to cafeteria
Screen displayed our Ticket number as Awaiting consideration
3:50 the screen displayed ‘Under Consideration’
4:20 the screen displayed Ready for Collection.
4:30 Handed documents back

Important tips:

1. Like everyone else my application was well organised, and the lady even complimented the way I applied post-its to each section and all my documents. Maybe they find it easier that way.
However, I forgot to give a photocopy of my documents, and have a feeling that it may have saved some time. I would suggest photocopy the documents and arrange in the same order as that of your originals and if possible highlight them clearly.

2. This was an afternoon appointment, and it was really busy. Not sure if it was because of the first working day after the bank holiday weekend or maybe afternoon appointments are always busy. Many threads on the forum suggested quick processing for morning appointment. You might want to keep that in mind.

3. Make some sandwiches for yourself and/or any dependents. The cafeteria has Costa coffee but not many food choices. Of course you may also wish to keep a book for reading.

Overall a smooth and easy process

Documents:
I believe it was a straightforward case
• Application form + Photographs on Section 1
• Passports + BRP’s
• Payslips
• Bank Statements
• Employment Status letter: current employer only. Was unable to source anything for previous employer. Explained this in my Cover letter
• HMRC Employment History last 5 years
• LIUK Certificates (Me + Dependent)
• IELTS certificate for my wife dated Jan 2011.
• Cohabitation: Electoral voting cards, and wife’s NHS card + Maternity appointment letter (My wife still carries her maiden name in all her documents)
• Absence Letter + e-tickets: Had to explain everything in cover letter

My Life in UK test questions were as follows. I have listed the answers and not the multiple choices asked
1. The two Houses in the war of Roses? York and Lancaster
2. Frank Whittle invented ---- in the 1930s? Jet engine
3. England Wales & Scotland you require registering individual electoral forms? False
4. Charlie Chaplin played the role of a? tramp
5. Which of this is Crown Dependencies? Isle of Man
6. The last successful foreign invasion? Norman
7. The Bill of Rights 1689 allowed all adult males to vote? False
8. Question on Yeoman Warders, who tell visitors about the building’s history are also known as? Beefeaters,
9. Which King was brought back from exile from the Netherlands? Charles II
10. Amount for small Claims in England, Wales is? £5,000 and less
11. The name or photographs of the accused young person cannot be published in newspapers or used by the media? True
12. Which Admiral died in the Battle of Trafalgar? Admiral Nelson
13. Which war started when Germany invaded Poland in 1939? Second
14. There was also a question on The Troubles (conflict with Ireland)
15. There was a question of which of the two was National Parks? Snowdonia and Loch Lomond
16. Another question of following fundamental principles of democracy
17. Which tribal leader fought the Romans? (Queen of Iceni )
18. Ancestors of Scottish people were called? Picts
19. Which of this is a pre-historic place? Skara Brae
20. The burial place of one of the Anglo-Saxon kings was? Sutton Hoo
21. There was a question of St. Andrew’s cross of Scotland represents which cross of the flag? diagonal white cross on a blue ground
22. Saint from Rome who spread Christianity in the south and was first Archbishop of Canterbury? St Augustine
23. In the middle ages English ruled an area of Ireland known as? the Pale
24. There was a question on feudalism
Last edited by silent_warrior on Fri May 09, 2014 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tulipz
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Success PEO Croydon 6th May 2014 + LIUK test questions

Post by tulipz » Fri May 09, 2014 12:43 pm

Congratulations !

We are applying for ILR from Croydon in June.

hsr1972

Post by hsr1972 » Fri May 09, 2014 12:50 pm

firstly Congratulations for your ILR.... happy days !! Is it mandatory to Provide HMRC Employment history letter or P60 ? Did you provide any absence evidence or letter ?

hsr1972

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Post by silent_warrior » Fri May 09, 2014 2:12 pm

hsr1972 wrote:firstly Congratulations for your ILR.... happy days !! Is it mandatory to Provide HMRC Employment history letter or P60 ? Did you provide any absence evidence or letter ?

hsr1972
Thank you
It is not mandatory, but is usefulis useful as I was unable to provide absence evidence from my previous employer. The HMRC letter was an easy document to get which should amount earned and tax paid for each year.

It adds value to prove your continuous employment. But like I said, it’s not mandatory.

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Post by silent_warrior » Fri May 09, 2014 2:13 pm

tulipz wrote:Congratulations !

We are applying for ILR from Croydon in June.
Thank you and Good Luck

digitanium

Post by digitanium » Fri May 09, 2014 3:29 pm

Congratulations and good memory you have! :o

sudeepss

Post by sudeepss » Fri May 09, 2014 4:08 pm

Hi

Congrats on your ILR. IF you dont mind then can you please give the template of your covering letter.

Thanks,

tulipz
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by tulipz » Fri May 09, 2014 5:53 pm

Could you pls share your cover letter? Thanks

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Post by silent_warrior » Sat May 10, 2014 10:56 pm

tulipz wrote:Could you pls share your cover letter? Thanks
Here is the link
Explanation Letter

hsr1972

Post by hsr1972 » Sun May 11, 2014 12:44 pm

Thanks for sharing your covering letter.

Amber , I am going for ILR in couple of months of time ...I have few queries ....

Point number 1 : My Entry Clearance was stamped in April 2009 but I delayed travel from India to UK . I came only in Jan 2010 .
My query : Is this considered as an absence ?

So I went for 2 Extensions because i came after 8 months to UK. So my current Valid Visa Expires in Feb 2017. If you take from the Date of First Entry to UK on Tier 1 Visa that will be Jan 2010 that means I am eligible for ILR in Jan 2015. My query is can i go for ILR 28 days before Qualifying period ?

@Amber Kindly could you please suggest me on this ?

Point Number 2 : During Mid of Aug till mid of Sep 2011 for One month 30 days I went to India for Family Visit and doing course on CSM(Scrum Training ) and I was Self -employed during this time . My query is here do i need to provide any evidence for this or do you suggest simply specify in covering letter stating "Family Visit." and simply attaching the evidence "CSM Training Certificate ?

Following years I am permanently Employed Since Oct 2011 -till date and I can provide absence letter for my current employment and pervious employer . Totally I am out of UK is 80 days in 5 years (From January 2010). I am within the 180 day rule in any of the year .
@Amber or any moderators kindly respond to my queries. It would be much appreicated.

Cheers
hsr_72

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Sun May 11, 2014 1:36 pm

@silent warrier

I can see you have mentioned that u submitted IELTS for your wife which was dated jan 2011. Can i ask if you used this IELTS of your wife in any visa application or was this for any other purposes that u gave in 2011.
My friend wife has an ielts which she gave 4 years back to satisfy some other requirement other than visa for UK. Can she use that ielts to satisfy ILR requirement even though it is over 2 years old and have never been used for uk visa application before?

many thanks

WR1

Post by WR1 » Sun May 11, 2014 5:09 pm

iworker wrote:@silent warrier

I can see you have mentioned that u submitted IELTS for your wife which was dated jan 2011. Can i ask if you used this IELTS of your wife in any visa application or was this for any other purposes that u gave in 2011.
My friend wife has an ielts which she gave 4 years back to satisfy some other requirement other than visa for UK. Can she use that ielts to satisfy ILR requirement even though it is over 2 years old and have never been used for uk visa application before?

many thanks
See:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... l#p1029409
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

hsr1972

Post by hsr1972 » Sun May 11, 2014 6:59 pm

Hi

Could you please answer my query which i have posted ?

@ Silent Warrior or @ Amber .....

Thanks
hsr_72

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun May 11, 2014 7:08 pm

1. No, you ‘clock’ will start when you enter the UK.
2. Yes
If you’re applying for a PEO then evidence should not be requested where absences are <180 days per 12 month period.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

hsr1972

Post by hsr1972 » Sun May 11, 2014 7:24 pm

Thanks a lot Amber So In that case i can go for ILR before 28 days and during Self employment Period i was out of UK
for 30 days based on my understanding what you said is no need to provide any evidence or CSM certificate ...just i can specify as Holiday or visited family for those 30 days . Amber kindly let me know is this right.

Cheers
hsr72

hsr1972

Post by hsr1972 » Sun May 11, 2014 8:34 pm

@Amber could you please let my know is that correct I don't need to show any evidence or specify in the cover letter just i can say i am on holiday for 30 days during Self -Employed(Sole trader) as you said in the previous post.

Since I am going to PEO Which is less than 180 days.

Kindly confirm the same .

hsr1972

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun May 11, 2014 8:53 pm

I've not heard of anyone being asked for evidence.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

hsr1972

Post by hsr1972 » Sun May 11, 2014 9:10 pm

OK Thanks a lot Amber for your response ..... One last couple of question amber

In the Set (O) form : -

1.Sec 6.4 When did you last enter the UK . In my case i came to UK on Work Permit Sept 2005 should i specify the same date i came to UK on Work Permit ?

2.Sec 6.3 what is this mean " Letter from travel companies to evidence disruption to travel " ? Does this mean E-ticket ? If you are providing e-ticket evidence for the particular period?

3.Sec 7.11 It says Please provide details of any periods of absence of more than 6 months during that time ? As discussed my case in previous post , I don't have absence more than 180 days in this case i should say "Not applicable " . As you said in the previous response my clock starts from the day you entered UK on tier 1 visa not on "Delayed Start " from India to UK ? Is this correct " Amber "

Kindly clarrify the above queries "Amber " it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Hsr1972

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Post by silent_warrior » Sun May 11, 2014 9:40 pm

iworker wrote:@silent warrier

many thanks
Sorry I know this has already been answered. But I personally found more information around this by emailing KnowledgeOfLifePolicyQueries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk. This is the reply and query below

Query:

Dear Officer
I am a Tier 1(General) migrant due to apply for an Indefinite Leave to Remain in the April 2014. I have a query regarding my partner's English language requirement.
My partner appeared for IELTS general training Test in January 2011 and was awarded an overall band score of 6.0. She received her dependent visa in May 2011 (as a tier 1 dependent). The English language assessment was not a requirement when she applied for her dependent visa May 2011. She joined me in the UK immediately after that and has been living in here ever since.
I would like to know whether the IELTS certificate can be considered as acceptable proof of language skills when she applies for her Indefinite Leave to remain application as my partner? Her pass date for the IELTS test was January 2011.
As I believe IELTS tests have a validity of 2 years, it would be useful to find out if she needs to appear again for the exam before her settlement application.
Any advise from you would be sincerely appreciated.

Regards
XXXXXXX (silent_warrior)

Dear XXXXX ((silent_warrior),
Thank you for your e mail enquiry. The 2 year validity for tests relates to the fact that pass data is only held for 2 years on the systems that Entry Clearance Officers can access. This is why qualifications over 2 years old are not valid for entry purposes.
However, for the purpose of settlement or nationality applications, we can accept the pass certificate, irrespective of when the test was passed, provided the qualification is at B1 level.
I trust this answers your question.
Regards

Ann
Ann Woodall | Nationality Operational Policy| Operational Policy & Rules Unit|Immigration and Border Policy Directorate | Home Office
Blue Zone, 5th Floor, The Capital | Liverpool | L39PP

hsr1972

Post by hsr1972 » Sun May 11, 2014 10:17 pm

Hi @amber could you please respond me to my previous queries. It would be much appreciated.

cheers
hsr1972

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun May 11, 2014 10:35 pm

Yes, when you first entered, just put N/A on 6 month absences .

chowkal

Post by chowkal » Mon May 12, 2014 7:41 am

Congratulations and thanks for sharing

hsr1972

Post by hsr1972 » Mon May 12, 2014 9:22 am

@Amber I really appreciate for your swift response thanks a lot ...

hsr1972

hsr1972

Post by hsr1972 » Mon May 12, 2014 10:17 am

Sorry Amber just to make my understanding clear from my previous post ,you said evidence is not required if you are going personally through PEO and if you are within 180 days? You mean I should not specify anything as Sef employed(Sole trader ) as paid holiday during for those absence days ? If i just put E-ticket for those days is that fine ?

@Amber could you please kindly respond to this query ?

cheers
hsr_1972

hsr1972

Post by hsr1972 » Mon May 12, 2014 11:20 am

Hi Amber

Could you please respond to my query which i have just posted ?

Thanks in advance.

cheers
hsr72