ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General - Dependent

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

crazycoder
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General - Dependent

Post by crazycoder » Sat May 10, 2014 1:51 am

Hi,

I've moved to UK in April 2014 from India on Tier 2 General. I've also processed Tier 2 General dependent visa for my wife who is currently in India and she has never traveled to UK with her entry clearance. She is expected to join me by Aug 2014.

Currently I'm being approached by one of my previous employer who is offering a position which I held few years back. They are happy to sponsor me Tier 2 General visa. As the position they are looking to fill is kind of critical they want to assign a COS and apply for new entry clearance at earliest (to complete the entire process before June end). If I go head with my previous employer and if my wife is unable to travel to UK before I submit application for new entry clearance, would it be of any issue if she apply for new entry clearance as Tier 2 General dependent from India at later point of time without travelling to UK with previous entry clearance issued?

Many Thanks.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Tier 2 General - Dependent

Post by iworker » Sun May 11, 2014 1:17 pm

should be ok.
If and when she travels, she should be on the same dependent visa of which you are the main tier 2 holder of.

crazycoder
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 General - Dependent

Post by crazycoder » Mon May 12, 2014 9:14 pm

Hi iWorker, Thanks for your reply.