ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinite Leave to Remain(ILR) questions !!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

beminegh
Newly Registered

Indefinite Leave to Remain(ILR) questions !!!

Post by beminegh » Sun May 11, 2014 8:27 pm

I submitted an application for ILR for myself and two dependents on Tuesday 06/5/2014 on the premium application bases in Cardiff and despite enclosing my partner's bank statement, ironically, the ECO asked that i submit sources of my partner's income and the last three months bank statement. I pointed out to the ECO the bank statement of my partner is already enclosed. He then said, that's fine and should proceed to submit the other income sources for the determination of my case.
Background of the case.
I move here on a spouse visa two years ago on June 1st, 2012 and have an established relationship with my partner. In February 2013 as a results of work, i was forced to move to live in Chesterfield from Dinas Powys (South Glamorgan) Cardiff area and have worked full time here. My partner has financially and materially supported me and never been recourse to public funds and with no unspent conviction nor any immigration breaches. My partner pays for all my weekend's visit whenever i have to go home. My current rental accommodation in Chesterfield is all paid for by my partner until June 23. All my correspondence goes to my partner's address and submitted over 13 documents addressed to me and over 5 documents addressed to both my partner and myself to my partner's address including 6 documents to partner alone.
On the day of the appointment, I went with my dependents and partner and spent nearly 5 hours. My partner and I were interviewed separately, something none of us anticipated by the ECO and his supervisor and answered over 65 demanding and ranging questions. Once my partner finished the interview, i was called back again to clarify few things with my partner and we both clarified as they wanted from us. At the end of the interview, we were handed the interview records and when i read, it came up that my partner and i had about 98% confirm or correctly answered to the questions to confirm indeed, that we are truly in subsisting and genuine relationship. Before my interview, I was told our answers (my partner and myself) to the interview could results either to my ILR been refused or granted but should I be refused, my remaining leave (valid until July 26th) will be curtailed or cancelled and will be serve with a removal order of which i agreed. After all these, all they needed further was details of my partner's income which we sent out recorded delivery and arrived at the PEO in Cardiff on Thursday 08/5/2014.
My questions are:
1. Going by the detailed information giving, could there be a possibility of my ILR been refused?
2. How soon could it be, before a decision is made in case any person has an experience like me?
3. Can i assume that considering all the processes involved, if my application falls for refusal, wouldn't I have been refused on the same day?
4. Is there any further justification as to why the application should take longer days or week's considering the fact that the documents they requested for are extremely genuine and none fake-able and coming from government office and wouldn't need authentication?
5. My partner has over £15,000 annual salary as a retired person and I also showed over £16,000 annual salary though I live away from home on £500 rent and no issue about my partner's accommodation in case i have to stop work and go back to live with my partner and with my two dependents.

Thanks for your time and response

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Indefinite Leave to Remain(ILR) questions !!!

Post by Casa » Sun May 11, 2014 10:44 pm

If your application isn't decided on the day and is passed to a higher level case worker for a decision it is likely to join the postal queue...but still charged at the premium rate.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

beminegh
Newly Registered

Post by beminegh » Sun May 11, 2014 11:35 pm

@Casa, to be honest, the application though was not decided on the same day, was not pass unto a senior case worker. My partner and i were interviewed by a case worker and senior case worker on the day of the application and afterwards, we were told to only furnish further documents in terms of partners income which we did. But could there be a possibility of still being refused of the visa considering all what i have written? And since I live separate from my partner, does my income and that of my partner's still count as one family unit as all my financial and other correspondence are all addressed to my partner's home address?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon May 12, 2014 7:39 am

You should be ok.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.