ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

De Facto Application and Process - Have I made a mistake?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lololoreich
Newly Registered

De Facto Application and Process - Have I made a mistake?

Post by lololoreich » Mon May 12, 2014 12:27 am

Hi everyone,

I'm a Non-EU and my boyfriend and I have applied for a De Facto Relationship 9 months ago. We just received a letter from the Immigration Office asking for more documents and we are facing a dilemma.

We are in a stable relationship for 2,5 years and living together for nearly two. Nine months ago when we submitted the application, birthday cards, christmas cards, pics with his family, rent book, joint account and bank statements, we expected to get the visa quickly as many friends of ours but another three months it would have been a full year.

In the middle of the process my previous visa, a stamp 2 expired and I found myself without any visa. At that moment I had a job, in which I'm currently working and I did not quit the job as even though we live together, my other half is not rich and we couldn't afford rent, food, health insurance etc, etc only with his income.

We got this letter asking for more proof and the key requirements are bank statement for the last 6 months, enough funds to support myself, health insurance, etc. The problem is that sending my bank statement will highlight that I've received salary when I wasn't meant to be working. Again we couldn't afford to not have my income. So I wonder if the second letter we got is to make sure we are still together, to prove that we are able to send the same documents (perhaps to make sure we didn't make them up and bin it?) and finally my statement will prejudice my application form and what could I have done differently?

Thanks

Conejo77
Newly Registered

Re: De Facto Application and Process - Have I made a mistake

Post by Conejo77 » Mon May 12, 2014 8:20 am

Hi Lololoreich,

I'm going to put my self in context:

I'm from SouthAmerica and being honest, the DefactoRelationship whasn't a good option since the beginning (talking about my own experience), cause the truth is: INIS guys are against this process to get any form of citizenship (they asked several times for various documents, and even the same documents at different times).

In the course of my Defacto application (my student visa was expired during the process) My fiancee and I decided to get married and then I got a Stamp 4,.. which helped us a lot to get a stable job. And finally, after 3 years of being here, I applied for Irish Citizenship (and this way the application took less than 6 months to get approved).

If I had known all the hassle I was going to have with the DeFacto, I would of just get married since the beginning (7 years ago)...

My recommendation is,... if you and your fiance are in love and want to make a family, just get married... that would save you from a lot of headaches... trust me.

Good luck.

Conejo