ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice for Tier 1 (General) to ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kv78
Newly Registered

Advice for Tier 1 (General) to ILR

Post by kv78 » Mon May 12, 2014 7:29 pm

Dear all,

I'm facing a difficult situation with my plan for an ILR application, and would appreciate any thoughts you kind folks could share.

I entered the UK on 2 June 2009 on a Tier 2 (General) visa which was valid till 30.11.2010. That employment ended on 30.09.2010. On 23.11.2010, I switched to a Tier 1 (General) visa. I'm planning to apply for ILR in June 2014.

On the Immigration Rule Part 6A, Section: 245CD-SD Specified documents, it says that I should supply:
"For periods where the applicant was in employment in the UK, a letter from the employer detailing the purpose and period of absences in connection with the employment, including periods of annual leave."

This seems a little overkill. My past employers said they can't confirm dates of when I took holidays and so on.

On the other hand, the link provided in this board: http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 52143.html
seems much more sensible, in just confirming employment and some general details.

Importantly, I am well below the 180 threshold, in fact well within my annual holiday entitlement (~20 days) when adding up my total absence from the UK in each year.
My question is: does the Home Office truly expect employers to give details of each holiday taken abroad by me? It's a little frustrating, as I don't expect past employers to keep record of this to be able to confirm the holidays I've taken.

Please help! :roll:

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Re: Advice for Tier 1 (General) to ILR

Post by silent_warrior » Tue May 13, 2014 1:42 pm

An explanation letter by yourself detailing the absences should be enough. My friend was exactly in the situation you are in and he did the same.
I was also unable to get an absence letter from previous employer. So I attached a few things and explained it in a cover letter.
1.Employment history from HMRC and/or original contract from previous employer stating number of annual leaves
2. Exit and/or stamps on your passport reflecting your entry and exit from UK

kv78
Newly Registered

Re: Advice for Tier 1 (General) to ILR

Post by kv78 » Tue May 13, 2014 9:42 pm

Many thanks silent_warrior.

It's reassuring to hear straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak!

These seemingly bizzarre requirements, I find quite logic-defying.