ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (General) is closed? What does it mean?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

clio
Newly Registered

Tier 1 (General) is closed? What does it mean?

Post by clio » Tue May 13, 2014 11:54 am

"The Tier 1 (General) category is now closed to applicants who are outside the UK, and to those who are already here and want to switch to it from most other immigration categories."

Does it mean that there's no longer Tier 1 (General) visa? or is it temporarily closed?

I'm a non-EU 2nd year full time BA graphic design student on Tier 4 visa which will expire next year, when should I apply for the new visa?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Tier 1 (General) is closed? What does it mean?

Post by Wanderer » Tue May 13, 2014 11:59 am

Immigration is vote winning topic for the Gov and will remain so, Tier 1 is closed in an attempt to curtail immigration numbers, to be honest I doubt it will reopen, there's already Tier 2 (more controllable) and Tier 1 Entrepreneur to switch into. T1 Gen was pretty unique visa wise, there's not many countries in the World that have work visas that allowed unrestricted access to the labour market, not surprised it's closed really.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....