ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Addresses in the past five years

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Wakeuphappy

Addresses in the past five years

Post by Wakeuphappy » Tue May 13, 2014 12:13 pm

I moved a lot in the past five years due to work and life stuff (i now own my own property for almost a year). I stayed in a couple of rented places for really short period of time. I actually can’t remember the exact address and how long for (I know roughly between 2-3 months). Is it going to be a problem if I don’t put them down on the application form? Or do I have to be very precise as when and where I lived in the past five years.

Why do they need to know addresses for the past five years and how are they going to confirm all of my addresses?

many thanks,

gaboon_viper

Re: Addresses in the past five years

Post by gaboon_viper » Tue May 13, 2014 12:43 pm

Same problem happend to me. As well, but i only use three addresses which i remembered. I dont know what will happen in my case, my application is still pending in HO. Thats what I did. Senior member might comment better on this issue. Thanks
Always here to help to best of my understanding

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Post by shahid2000 » Tue May 13, 2014 3:59 pm

If you order your credit report (even the statutory £2 report which you can get instantly online) it should show all the address you have lived (officially) and will also give you the date of the entry which will give you at least a rough idea.

A couple of years ago I was in a similar situation (not related to naturalization though) and this is what I did. At that time I wrote down all the dates and have kept it with me and have used it since.
Hope this helps.

Be as precise as you can but don't worry too much about it. Everyone I know has used 01-MM-YYYY as the date they moved into an address and they have never had an issue.

gaboon_viper

Post by gaboon_viper » Tue May 13, 2014 4:11 pm

shahid2000 wrote:If you order your credit report (even the statutory £2 report which you can get instantly online) it should show all the address you have lived (officially) and will also give you the date of the entry which will give you at least a rough idea.

A couple of years ago I was in a similar situation (not related to naturalization though) and this is what I did. At that time I wrote down all the dates and have kept it with me and have used it since.
Hope this helps.

Be as precise as you can but don't worry too much about it. Everyone I know has used 01-MM-YYYY as the date they moved into an address and they have never had an issue.
I used dates entire on my guess and memory in the application. Also i didn't mention one address, where i lived for 2 months. Will it make any problem? Thx

Wakeuphappy

Post by Wakeuphappy » Tue May 13, 2014 4:16 pm

thank you so much, i have ordered a report.

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Post by shahid2000 » Tue May 13, 2014 4:36 pm

gaboon_viper wrote:
shahid2000 wrote:If you order your credit report (even the statutory £2 report which you can get instantly online) it should show all the address you have lived (officially) and will also give you the date of the entry which will give you at least a rough idea.

Hope this helps.

I used dates entire on my guess and memory in the application. Also i didn't mention one address, where i lived for 2 months. Will it make any problem? Thx
I don't think they will be bothered too much about every single address and dates as long as your case has no other complications. I think you should be OK.

gaboon_viper

Post by gaboon_viper » Tue May 13, 2014 4:46 pm

@shahid200. Thx for the reply. When completing form i thought same regarding no issue in addresses, now seeing fews post in this topic making me worry a bit, let see what happen. Finger cross, :roll: