ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

State Pension when you retire....

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Chess
Diamond Member

State Pension when you retire....

Post by Chess » Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:36 am

Most countries have a minimum contribution period. For example, unless you have contributed to the UK system for around 10 years, you will not qualify for any UK state basic pension at retirement age.

So if you are thinking of getting BC and dissapear back to Gujarat and then come back to get your pension when you retire - stand warned, you wont get anything :roll:
Where there is a will there is a way.

Gmmi

Post by Gmmi » Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:24 pm

Interesting one. By the way how much do you get?

tvt

Post by tvt » Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:50 pm

The full state pension is in the region of £345 pcm. I have not even heard about one case about someone who became rich by getting a state pension.
-----------------------------------
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>

User

Post by User » Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:13 pm

But tnavon - I remember you saying in one other thread (HSMP -> ILR finally! http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=1557) that you know people who have not worked even one day in their life time and have been living on ILR benefits (which I aassume should certainly be a lot less (in cash every month) than state benefit monthly figure you have just quoted) and that they were able to manage and drive jazzy/fancy cars!

Hmmm... if that is possible then I think state monthly pension is a lot of money to even own a private plane!!

Just a joke! :-)

Also - a a side note, I am certain that its mostly the British citizens who end up living on state benefits (of course i am not saying they should not - its their right anyway!).
The point I am trying to make here is that I have never heard of an immigrant-turned-ILR holder making a "life" out of state benefits.

regards.
Last edited by User on Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tvt

Post by tvt » Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:23 pm

The people who live on benefits in the house next to me are not state pensioners. They get income support, child benefit, child tax credit, WTC, free housing, free council tax, free gas and electricity and from time to time they get cash in hand for "dealing".
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>

tvt

Post by tvt » Sun Aug 29, 2004 2:27 am

"dealing" - if you know what I mean.
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>

vin123
Member of Standing

Post by vin123 » Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:40 pm

What is "dealings", u mean Dr^Ugs ?

Epiphany
Newly Registered

Post by Epiphany » Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:55 pm

O'course Vinny laddie...:P

tvt

Post by tvt » Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:35 pm

Until I came to this country I always thought that the English are the most decent and honest people on earth. My preception has completely changed now. There are so many crooks here and they are all nice and shiny. In Argentina, the crooks are easy to notice and they are going for small money. Here crooks go for the big thing.
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>