ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Declare Tax Credits / Income Support on VAF4A Appendix 2?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

djr180
Newly Registered

Declare Tax Credits / Income Support on VAF4A Appendix 2?

Post by djr180 » Tue May 13, 2014 6:59 pm

Hello All,

This is my first post.

I am applying for a spouse visa under category F and meet the financial requirements solely based on the category using my company's last financial year of March 2013 - Feb 2014.

However, I received Tax Credits in 2013 -2014 (Working and Child) and Income support early in 2013. Do I need to declare this on the VAF4A Appendix form in part 3E? or anywhere else on the form? I am thinking probably not but I just am not totally sure.

Any Help will be appreciated.

Thanks
David

SoHopeful

Re: Declare Tax Credits / Income Support on VAF4A Appendix 2

Post by SoHopeful » Tue May 13, 2014 9:18 pm

No you don't need to declare this as such, but there is a question that asks about maintenance for any children the applicant may have so you could put a rough amount of child tax credit and child benefit there.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue May 13, 2014 11:12 pm

You should include benefits in 4.12 of Appendix 2.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

djr180
Newly Registered

Post by djr180 » Wed May 14, 2014 11:35 am

Thank you for the responses.

Just to clarify, I am NOT currently claiming any benefits, It is just that the benefits I claimed fell within my company's financial year that I am using to apply under category F. I claimed Child tax credits for our son while he was in the UK (he is a British Citizen!). I was actually overpaid tax credits due to the way that I paid myself ( Salary + dividends). I have already paid back this overpayment.

I know that I cannot use the benefits I claimed for the financial requirements and since I do not currently have a claim I guess that I do not need to 'declare' them anywhere on the VAF4A form. I would only need to state the amount of money we both use to look after our child and since he is currently outside the UK I am not claiming any tax credits/Child Benefit for him. All money used to maintain our son is our own money.

If anyone else has been it this situation regarding the form please let me know of your experience.

Thanks
David