ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Retention Visa (Repatriation)

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Khangalway
Newly Registered

Retention Visa (Repatriation)

Post by Khangalway » Wed May 14, 2014 2:18 am

Hi All,
I am writing this to get some advise from you guys regarding my immigration situation.
I am non-Eu citizen, residing in the state since February 2003 and I married to EU citizen and got my 5 yrs residency stamp (Mettock case) from March 2006 till September 2011. Now, my situation is become very complicated. I am divorced now and before my divorce I applied for Permanent (Residency) and (Retention Residency) through my solicitor.
Eu treaty department refused my retention residency on the basis that unavailability of divorce and transfer my case to Repatriation. But,I have submitted my divorce documents since March 2014, but still I didn''t receive any acknowledgement letter. My case is still pending in this Repatriation department since March 2013. I would be really grateful, if you can assist me to resolve this matter.
Many thanks in advance.

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Retention Visa (Repatriation)

Post by CalvinKlien » Wed May 14, 2014 3:46 am

You better to send a letter to EU Treaty Rights section by registered post asking for the status of ur application, also try to consult an Immigration solicitor as ur situation is getting complicated.

Khangalway
Newly Registered

Post by Khangalway » Wed May 14, 2014 5:06 am

Dear Calvin,
Much appreciate it for your prompt response. As, I mentioned earlier that the EU Treaty Removal unit had transferred my case to Repatriation department because that particular time i wasn't divorce as they mentioned in my refusal letter.
I have a solicitor and she sent the letter to Repatriation department twice but unable to receive any acknowledgement yet. In the letter she mentioned about the divorce paper that she sent them in March 2014 and request them the case status as it hasn't been resolve since March 2013. But unfortunately, no response yet. As, I am divorced now and fit into retention category but not receiving any response that creating a bit anxious situation for me.
Can I write to Eu treaty right, immigration council a letter by myself or ask my solicitor to write EU Treaty right to consider my case as I am divorced now.
Please guide me to resolve this matter. It has been quite anxious process for me quite long for being undocumented.
Thanks in advance for your help

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Thu May 15, 2014 4:32 am

Can i ask who is ur solicitor ?
To be honest i have no faith on solicitors in Ireland, they are absolute money grabers and once you pay them , they wouldn't even answer ur phone.
You are on Do or DIE situation, do every possible effort to survive, write letters to each and every department where possible. Write letter to Alan Shatter and your local TD....
Best of Luck

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu May 15, 2014 3:28 pm

Why didn't / haven't you applied for citizenship? Any reasons for that? Based on your story you would have gotten your citizenship long ago if you had applied based on 5 years residency rather than long term residency.
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Thu May 15, 2014 3:38 pm

You can also contact SOLVIT & irish immigrant council

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Thu May 15, 2014 6:11 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:Why didn't / haven't you applied for citizenship? Any reasons for that? Based on your story you would have gotten your citizenship long ago if you had applied based on 5 years residency rather than long term residency.
Long time my friend, compliment of the season to you.

Khangalway
Newly Registered

Post by Khangalway » Sun May 18, 2014 1:12 am

Many thanks for all of your propt response. I am going to write a letter to immigrant council and solvit to seek out some help. I couldn't able to apply for citizenship, while i was waiting for my residency due to my continious residency issue, Anyway, i pray to God soon I will get my retetion of right resdidency approval. My solicitor is doing the her best as she could. She is kept sending them reminder letters but didnt receive any repied yet. thanks any way for your genniune advice