ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 Months to ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mrashid02139

10 Months to ILR

Post by mrashid02139 » Wed May 14, 2014 6:42 am

Hi,
I entered in the uk in 2005 as a student. Having 2 years Post Study Work in 2012, I got admission at a university in London in 2014. However, due to my sickness, and other circumstances, I was unable to attend my classes. So, my visa has been curtailed from the end of this month. I have only 10 months left to reach 10 year Long Residency. So, I was wondering whether someone can kindly suggest me what to do. I really expect some advice from the senior members so that I can legally stay here 10 more months in order to get ILR. Can anyone help me please?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: 10 Months to ILR

Post by Amber » Wed May 14, 2014 8:08 am

Apply to extend before your current leave expires, perhaps FLR(FP)?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Wed May 14, 2014 10:19 am

mrashid02139 wrote:Hi,
I entered in the uk in 2005 as a student. Having 2 years Post Study Work in 2012, I got admission at a university in London in 2014. However, due to my sickness, and other circumstances, I was unable to attend my classes. So, my visa has been curtailed from the end of this month. I have only 10 months left to reach 10 year Long Residency. So, I was wondering whether someone can kindly suggest me what to do. I really expect some advice from the senior members so that I can legally stay here 10 more months in order to get ILR. Can anyone help me please?
Follow amber advise

Apply flr fp . Do not use flro like some people did and ignore our advice

Flr fp for private life and Article 8.

Do u have family and kids??
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

mrashid02139

Post by mrashid02139 » Wed May 14, 2014 2:35 pm

Thank you very much Amber and Zee Ali for yours valuable advice. Apparently, my wife has been living with me since June 2012, although we don’t have any children yet. My brother has got ILR in 2013 and settled in the UK. I had been to my home country only for twice (stayed about 6 weeks in total outside of UK) within the last 9 years 2 months. Is there any way you could kindly advice me on what ground I should apply for FLR (FP)? I have completed Diploma in Business Administration in 2005, BA(Hons) with 1st Class from one of the Universities in London, and MBA from another University, although I did not have any significant chance to undertake a managerial job. Is there any sample online where I can see the grounds of private life? Please help

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Wed May 14, 2014 4:13 pm

Hi

Your grounds should be

I had been to my home country only for twice (stayed about 6 weeks in total outside of UK) within the last 9 years 2 months.

u need to prove one of this 276 Ade

Paragraph 276ADE of the Rules indicates that leave to remain may be granted to a long residence
applicant if he or she has lived continuously in the UK:
 for at least 20 years; or
 for at least 7 years (and the applicant is under 18 years of age); or
 for at least half of his life (and the applicant is aged between 18 and 25 years); or
 for less than 20 years (and the applicant has no ties to the country to which he or she would
have to go if required to leave the UK)

This visa is hard to get but u just want to spend 10 months so this is the last and best option. Your application will refuse in 1 to 2 months than in appeal time u will complete your 10 years.

I myself short of 11 months so i applied last week and use flr fp form
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Wed May 14, 2014 4:26 pm

mrashid02139 wrote:Thank you very much Amber and Zee Ali for yours valuable advice. Apparently, my wife has been living with me since June 2012, although we don’t have any children yet. My brother has got ILR in 2013 and settled in the UK. I had been to my home country only for twice (stayed about 6 weeks in total outside of UK) within the last 9 years 2 months. Is there any way you could kindly advice me on what ground I should apply for FLR (FP)? I have completed Diploma in Business Administration in 2005, BA(Hons) with 1st Class from one of the Universities in London, and MBA from another University, although I did not have any significant chance to undertake a managerial job. Is there any sample online where I can see the grounds of private life? Please help
See Also

Page 52 of 67 and onward

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... e-life.pdf

mrashid02139

Post by mrashid02139 » Thu May 15, 2014 10:05 am

Thank you so much for your help Zee Ali. Would you please kindly tell me whether I should also apply for my wife when applying through FLR (FP) from, as she is my dependent, and got the same duration of visa like me. Moreover, when did you apply for your FLR(FP) and have you got any response from the HO?

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Thu May 15, 2014 1:31 pm

mrashid02139 wrote:Thank you so much for your help Zee Ali. Would you please kindly tell me whether I should also apply for my wife when applying through FLR (FP) from, as she is my dependent, and got the same duration of visa like me. Moreover, when did you apply for your FLR(FP) and have you got any response from the HO?
Hi

yes i hope u don't want your wife to be called over stayer.

I applied last week still no response.

when is your 60 days curtailment period finishing?

when u last visited your home country

c4551m
Pakistan

Post by c4551m » Thu May 15, 2014 2:26 pm

Hi , I was in the same situation, I was short of 32 days but minus the 28 days it came to 4 days, my solicitor advised to put FLR O and then vary the application, so we did the same and after 5 days varied the application with the payment difference, they sent my passport back and refunded the FLRO fee and stated to resubmit the documents back and pay the fee difference and which I did. So does this mean that they are now considering SET LR application ?. But they haven't cashed the cheque yet its been 2 weeks now.
Flro applied 23.02.14
Varied application to SET LR 3.3.14
Biometrics done 24.3.14
Approval 24.7.14
Docs received 28.7,14

mrashid02139

Post by mrashid02139 » Fri May 16, 2014 12:14 am

Hi Zee Ali,
my 60 day curtailment is going to over at the end of this month. I visited my home country in March 2012. Do you know whether my 10 year application can be affected because of applying after 50 days of my curtailment letter (but still within 60 days of curtailment)?

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Fri May 16, 2014 12:07 pm

mrashid02139 wrote:Hi Zee Ali,
my 60 day curtailment is going to over at the end of this month. I visited my home country in March 2012. Do you know whether my 10 year application can be affected because of applying after 50 days of my curtailment letter (but still within 60 days of curtailment)?
Hi

your 60 days curtailment basically your new expiry so will be fine but try to apply 3 to 4 days early from expiry date.

mrashid02139

Post by mrashid02139 » Fri May 16, 2014 8:21 pm

Thank you Zee Ali for all of your wise suggestions. I will apply within the next 7 days. Please keep in touch and if you receive any further information from HO, please let us know. I wish you success in your application. I will also get back to all of you if I have any update.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Fri May 16, 2014 11:10 pm

mrashid02139 wrote:Thank you Zee Ali for all of your wise suggestions. I will apply within the next 7 days. Please keep in touch and if you receive any further information from HO, please let us know. I wish you success in your application. I will also get back to all of you if I have any update.
Good
best of luck than

Make sure HO has no reason to invalid your application like payment , photograph , fill all mandatory section and don't forget to sign the declaration.

Pay by bank draft or postal order. Don't even think to pay by card.

Regards.