ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Ancestry SET(0) ILR questions

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Philro
Newly Registered

UK Ancestry SET(0) ILR questions

Post by Philro » Wed May 14, 2014 3:34 pm

1) Question 7 'Have you had your fingerprints taken as part of a previous United Kingdom immigration
application made in the United Kingdom or abroad?'

I had fingerprints taken when I applied for the UK ancestry visa in 2009. So have ticked Yes. The next question is
'8. Give details when your fingerprints were taken'
I know it was August 2009 but do not remember the exact day. How specific do you need to be?

'9. Give details where your fingerprints were taken, ncluding town or city and country'
I can give the city and country but the actual office (VFS Global) no longer exists. Do I just mention this in my cover letter?

'10. Give details of the British diplomatic post(s) involved if the application(s) was/were made abroad'
What do I put there? My application was subitted in Cape Town and VFS Global, but couriers to Pretoria. Would I just put 'UK Embassy in Pretoria'?

2) Question 7.11. How long have you lived in the UK? -
I assume this is relating to the current visa as before I got my UK Ancestry visa, I lived in the UK on a Working Holiday visa. Is that correct?

3) 'Question 6.11 Please give the dates of any absences spent outside of the Crown Dependencies'
This question come after question 6.2 where it asks to list absences from the UK. There were none apart from what I stated in question 6.2. Do I therefore leave this question blank?

4) 'Document(s) showing that you are able to work and intend to take or seek employment in the UK'
Would payslips suffice? How many months? Should I get a letter from my employer? I have always been employed during the length of my visa but have work at various places in both a temporary and permanent role. Currently I am covering maternity leave, so cannot say I'm employed permanently. What should the let from the employer say? Should I submit my university degree?

If anyone can help, thank you