ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General To Tier 2 dependent

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shpat
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General To Tier 2 dependent

Post by shpat » Wed May 14, 2014 11:15 pm

My husband and I are both on separate Tier 2 General visas. I would like to switch to Tier 2 dependent visa so that I can start a limited company while holding full time job. Is this possible? Do I have to go to home country to switch visa category? Do I have to quit job to switch visa category? Does any cooling off period apply? Appreciate any advice.

uk121
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 General To Tier 2 dependent

Post by uk121 » Thu May 15, 2014 4:51 am

s this possible?
Yes, you can start your own limited company, no restrictions under dependent category

Do I have to go to home country to switch visa category?
No, you can switch within the country, last oct they made this change..more details are available under gov.uk - pbs - dependents document

Do I have to quit job to switch visa category?
I dont think so, once the switch is done, your sponsor need to cancel your COS & internally they may need to update your employment status(visa status)....

Does any cooling off period apply?
No

shpat
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 General To Tier 2 dependent

Post by shpat » Thu May 15, 2014 8:58 am

uk121 wrote:s this possible?
Yes, you can start your own limited company, no restrictions under dependent category

Do I have to go to home country to switch visa category?
No, you can switch within the country, last oct they made this change..more details are available under gov.uk - pbs - dependents document

Do I have to quit job to switch visa category?
I dont think so, once the switch is done, your sponsor need to cancel your COS & internally they may need to update your employment status(visa status)....

Does any cooling off period apply?
No
Thank you very much for your reply. Can you advise further on how I can switch from Tier 2 General to PBS dependent.within country. Thank you so much