ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant Sister in UK (Refused)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sammalik
Newly Registered

Dependant Sister in UK (Refused)

Post by sammalik » Thu May 15, 2014 11:36 pm

Hi every one

i am UK National and my real sister is living in UK from last 5 years, she is cancer patient, she was granted Discretionary Leave to remain in UK for one year on basis of medical grounds, now we have applied FLR (O) for further extension before new rules in force in July 2012, but UKBA refused her application after one year and under new rules, we lodge appeal and attended hearing but unfortunately appeal also dismissed by immigration judge, we have for permission to appeal in Upper tribunal, now its pending.

now i need advice from all of you respected members what shall we do ?

Can we make new application ? also what other option we have, all family member is living in UK, no one in back home.

i will be thankful if you please advice me.

thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Dependant Sister in UK (Refused)

Post by Amber » Fri May 16, 2014 11:20 pm

What's her prognosis? How old is she?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

sammalik
Newly Registered

Post by sammalik » Wed May 21, 2014 1:27 pm

Hi Amber

Thanks for your reply,her treatment which was chemotherapy is completed but there is alot of side effects of that such as she lost her hairs.she feels too much weakness all time and short of breath, she feel too much scared all time she totally depended on me and other family members not only financially but physically as well ,she is suffering with rapid heart beat now a days,she is getting more weaker day by day,her illness makes me and family more scared.

now her appeal refused as well and we are worried about her stay in UK, we applied her application for FLR (O) outside the immigration rules,but they refused under new rules which was in force July 2012, now could you please advise/guide me which application shall i apply for her visa, also we contact with Local MP and he say he will also write letter to UKBA.

One of solicitor told that you can continue putting applications then they might grant you discretionary leave but don't become her overstay in UK.

Please advice me

Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed May 21, 2014 3:41 pm

**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

silverbird
Newly Registered

Post by silverbird » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:29 am

Hi
1. Why was she refused discretionary leave by home office?
2. Why was the appeal dismissed?

xjhl
Newly Registered

Post by xjhl » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:53 pm

Hello, i am trying to apply this visa for my mum with lung cancer, just wondering if your sister had the visa in the end. Many thanks and best wishes to you all.