ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success at Solihull Peo on May 16

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sudeepss

ILR success at Solihull Peo on May 16

Post by sudeepss » Sat May 17, 2014 11:28 am

I would like to thank the board members particularly amber who advised me on KOL. my case was tier 2 + tier 1
Appointment time 10:40
Reached peo: 10.00 am
After security the token was issued and payment number was noted down.
10:20: called at the counter to submit the documents
the person at this counter was not the case worker he just asked which visa are you applying and give me all the documents which you wanna submit. He collected all the documents without even seeing them. i just gave them the following documensts

1)Payment sheet
2)Application form
3)Life in UK Pass Letter
4)Original Degree Certificate + Points based calculator sheet for English language
5)Print out from Points based calculator awarding 30 points for Qualification and 10 points for English language skills
6) 12 months’ Payslips
7) Original Bank statements for 12 months
8 Absence letter from the employer which was total of 146 days
9) Passport and Biometrics Residence Permit
10) 2 Photographs
11) dependent passport, brp, original degree and UK naric letter for English, Life in UK pass and Council tax letters on joint names for 4 years.

11:00 asked to do biometrics
11:55 told to go out and will be called once its done.

then it was 14:00 pm we got bit scared and came back when we saw our case was still under consideration and 2 cases after us was completed. looks like their systems were down as many cases were still pending from morning.
at 15:00 i was given the ilr letter with original documents.

overall it took around 5 hours which included 1 hour lunch . i also heard that in croydon also it took 4 hours so i presume some systems were down. Also i expected the person who was collecting the documents to say if the documents were ok rather than collecting whatever we gave.

Engibeer
Newly Registered

Re: ILR success at Solihull Peo on May 16

Post by Engibeer » Sat May 17, 2014 8:56 pm

Many congrats Sudeepss,

Can i ask, is employer letter for holidays must ?

Or is it only required when we exceed 180 days ?

I have been taking annual leave every year for about 30 days each, so do i needed to submit letters all from previous employers ?

Cheers
Thanks
EngiBeer

sudeepss

Post by sudeepss » Sat May 17, 2014 9:31 pm

I just submitted the current employer letter. But I had my previous employers letters handy which I dint submit nor I was asked but ukba rules states that u should have absence letters from all employers and if they refuse to give it then they need the proof that u had asked for it I think it's better to have all the letters handy but if any employer does not give itthen the email proof of it saying that u had asked for it

Engibeer
Newly Registered

Post by Engibeer » Sat May 17, 2014 10:04 pm

Many thanks mate,

I will request the letters and will keep just incase.

Your case was similar to time- WP(not tier 2)+ tier 1(g). Also from your list i can see you didn't submit any docs for Tier 2 ? And they haven't asked for it ? Were you with the same employer for all five years?

Cheers
EngiBeer

sudeepss

Post by sudeepss » Sun May 18, 2014 12:36 am

No i dint not submit any tier 2 documents but the person collecting the documents just said he needs Xerox of the tier 2 stamp on the passport. I had my tier 2 employers absence letter and job offer letters handy but dint submit. I was not working for same employers in 5 years in fact i don't remember how many employers i have changed after shifting to tier 1. I guess the case worker was interested only in the current employer letter which he dint give back even though it was not addressed to ukba