ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Domestic Violence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

GravelyConcerned
Newly Registered

Domestic Violence

Post by GravelyConcerned » Mon May 19, 2014 11:03 pm

I write this as a concerned person who knows of someone's plight. I have assured them that I will do my best to equip them with the knowledge to make a decision

Husband is an EU national living in UK. She is over as his spouse . She has two 6 year old daughters born in Pakistan. She has a2 year old daughter born in England.

He beats her which seems to be common knowledge among the wider family . Both his and hers.

Her dad has died , mum lives in rural Pakistan so if today she chooses to leave her husband and is 'deported' as she fears.. She has no real security in taking 3 daughters back to Pakistan. She would not be in a position to maintain them, and would be a burden on her widowed mother. As such despite the violence she clings on ..

He beat her up so badly two months back that she ran down the streets to a family friend. He had been kicking her so badly his own toes were injured and he she was keeled over unable to stand.

The police have been over presumably after reports recieved but she pretends she has fallen down the stairs

She is scared to death to leave or tell the police. She has no future in Pakistan as a single mother of 3 daughters and she can't see any help here

I know of rules relating to domestic violence ,,, but this is a situation of real horrifying violence and the victim is terrified . She needs assurance before she flees the marriage,,,,

I don't know if there is anyone who can give advice

I don't know the lady personally but have come to know of her situation. I have promised to pass on all knowledge and information because I can't sleep tonight... She surely has to have some form
Of help from
Someone somewhere

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Domestic Violence

Post by Casa » Tue May 20, 2014 10:11 am

She should contact the charity Southall Black Sisters urgently who help with cases such as this, or you could call them initially on her behalf.
Helpline: 0208 571 0800
http://www.southallblacksisters.org.uk/
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

aiza78601

Post by aiza78601 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:17 am

my two cousin both came to uk on british husband spouse visa from pakistan ,both been victim of domestic violence in uk,neighbour called police and when they were examined their bodies were full blue victim signs , police tell home office ,ukba allow them to live here now both are living on their own without husbands ,they have kids,counsil provide them house and benefit they are happy now,now both have ilr

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:31 am

aiza78601 wrote:my two cousin both came to uk on british husband spouse visa from pakistan ,both been victim of domestic violence in uk,neighbour called policy and when they were examined their bodies were full blue victim signs , policy tell home office ,ukba allow them to live here now both are living on their own without husbands ,they have kids,counsil provide them house and benefit they are happy now,now both have ilr
Both? Really?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

aiza78601

Post by aiza78601 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:42 pm

yeah they both are sisters and married to british citizen,now they invited their mother for family visit,both are settled now

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:35 pm

Wanderer, domestic abuse is very common. Women are often treated like chattel, remember martial rape wasn't considered an offence in this Country till the late 90's.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.