ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

salman83

Wife naturalisation

Post by salman83 » Mon May 19, 2014 11:34 pm

Hi,

My wife is going to apply for naturalisation on the basis of spouse british national.

I started filling the form AN. I came across these questions (related to name) for which it is quite confusing.

My wife changed her surname after marriage. Following are the answers to the questions.
Surname/Family name (please note: The name you give here will be the name shown on your certificate so please ensure it is spelt correctly and you have written it in the correct order)
Surname After Marriage
Other names (Please note: Your name will be shown on your certificate so please ensure it is spelt correctly and you have written it in the correct order. We would expect this to be the same as on your official documents. If this name is not the name used on your current passport or travel document, or is spelt differently, you must explain why on page 15)
First Name
Name at birth if different from above. (If the names you have given are different or spelt differently from the name shown on your passport, please explain why on page 15)
First Name + Last name before marriage
If you are or have ever been known by any name or names apart form those mentioned above, please give details here.
Do not know what to write

My wife had previous passports which contains her birth surname on it.

The current passport contains my name as here surname.

Are these evidences sufficient.

Regards,

salman83

Re: Wife naturalisation

Post by salman83 » Tue May 20, 2014 11:45 am

Any help will be highly appreciated

salman83

Post by salman83 » Tue May 20, 2014 8:10 pm

Any help

salman83

Post by salman83 » Tue May 20, 2014 10:09 pm

I found a thread which is quite similar

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1036138

I hope this is correct.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 21, 2014 9:48 am

Yes, as I have mentioned in that thread is correct
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

salman83

Post by salman83 » Wed May 21, 2014 10:44 pm

Thanks for the confirmation.

On page 15 (further information), she mentioned that when her marriage was held, also she said that she is going to attach her previous and current passports as well.

Previous passport contains her birth surname
Current passport contains her marriage surname.

Is that enough evidences.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 22, 2014 9:25 am

You don't have to provide proof of her maiden name. It is normal for people to change their surnames.

The form also asks the date of marriage and spouse details on page 6 (1.31 to 1.36), she only needs to complete the information in this section.

The only time she needs to send her old passport is if that is the passport she used to enter the UK at the start of the qualifying period.

She only needs to submit the following if apply on the basis of 3 years residence as spouse of British Citizen :

Her current Passport
Your British Passport or your naturalisation certificate
ILR RP
Marriage Certificate
LIUK
B1 English Language test certificate
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.