ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Information Please

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zaheeruk

Information Please

Post by zaheeruk » Tue May 20, 2014 11:35 am

Hi Amber

I will be applying ILR in Nov 2014. AS per the rules, for my wife to quality, I need to show that she has been here for 2 years. I have all the required address proofs but the problem is she was out of india from 01-Dec-2012 to 17-Sep-2013 for 9 months. The reason was her tier 2 dependent visa got rejected twice and due to some other medical issues. My question is in the ILR form they do not ask for any absences for the dependent. Will they cross check my wife's passport when I apply. What is the maximum time she can be out of UK in the two years we show as proof.

In the time she was in India, I sent her money via ICICI and I have statements showing that. We also bought a house in India and have the documents. I can also get a medical certificate as she was undergoing some treatment.

Should I wait till sept 2015 as she has been in UK without a break since Sept 2013. The first time she came to UK was in 2010 but there were lot of travels in between.

Appreciate your responses.

zaheeruk

Re: Information Please

Post by zaheeruk » Thu May 22, 2014 3:24 pm

Need urgent help on the above please

SSA_18

Post by SSA_18 » Thu May 22, 2014 3:37 pm

There is no requirement for the dependent to be in the country or a limit on their absences. I don't think there is any reason for your to postpone your wife's visa application on this ground. Having said that, what you definitely ought to do is to submit adequate evidence that your relationship was subsisting throughout the period of her absence. You must include documentary evidences to prove that you were in constant touch - such as itemised telephone bills / records, e-mail print outs of your communications, skype chat logs if available etc. This will probably help along with the other evidence you have already stated such as bank transfer evidence, house purchase and of course her medical records.

This is as per my understanding and knowledge. I think the seniors will probably want to add something on to this.

All the best!!

zaheeruk

Post by zaheeruk » Thu May 22, 2014 4:39 pm

Thank you very much for your reply