ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

About " No work except work placement"

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ifte2010

About " No work except work placement"

Post by Ifte2010 » Tue May 20, 2014 1:05 pm

Hello dears
I have just receive my student visa in level 7 course but I haven't got my work right in my visa but it mention " No work except work placement".my subject is health and social care. I would like to can I work under this clause in similar subject of my course.
Is there any link in ukba website.
Please reply me.

shaq1

Re: About " No work except work placement"

Post by shaq1 » Tue May 20, 2014 5:19 pm

Are you studying your level 7 course at a HEI (e.g. University or Public funded college)? If the answer is 'No' then you are not allowed to work. You can do work placement but that's need to be part of your course and your sponsor should mention it on your CAS.

If your answer is 'Yes' for the above question and you are studying in a University then 'Home Office' has made a mistake. You will need to contact them to correct this error.

Ifte2010

Post by Ifte2010 » Tue May 20, 2014 5:27 pm

My course is Deploma in Health an social care.
And my college is Highly trusted. My CAS mention only course name.

londonboi12

Post by londonboi12 » Wed May 21, 2014 2:32 am

Yes, You can do work on workplacement visa (T&C apply), you need to take letter from your college and the workplacement should be arranged by college as part of your course only (which is relevant to your subjects). you can join workplacement 50% of your course duration. And the workplacement can be be paid or unpaid.

Please also confirm from your sponsor .
Thanks
:)

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed May 21, 2014 9:19 am

Please refer to the policy guidance
What types of work placements am I permitted to take?
331. If you are a Tier 4 (General) student or a Tier 4 (Child) student, then in certain
circumstances, you will be permitted to undertake a work placement as part of your course,
providing it is an integral and assessed part of the course. If you are permitted to have a
work placement as part of your course, then the time you spend on it must not exceed 33%
of the total length of your course, unless:
• your course is at NQF/QCF 6 or SCQF 9 or above and will be studied at a Recognised
Body or a HEI. In these circumstances, your work placement must not be more than
50 per cent of the total length of the course; or
• your course is at NQF/QCF 6 or SCQF 9 and forms part of a study abroad
programme. In these circumstances, your work placement must not be more than 50
percent of the total length of the course; or
• you are a Tier 4 (Child) aged 16 or above. In this instance, your work placement must
not be more than 50 percent of the total length of the course; or
• there is a UK statutory requirement for the course to contain a specific period of work
placement which exceeds this limit. The work placement must also be an integral and
assessed part of the course

as you are not studying at an HEI you will only be able to undertake a work placement that is a maximum of 33% of your course. However note that the work placement must be an integral and assessed part of your course, you can' t just work in the same field as your studies and call it a work placement. If your CAS does not mention that your course includes a work placement then usually a work placement is not an intergral and assessed part of your course.

Also a 'diploma in health and social care' is not NQF level 7. what is the actual title of your course?