ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Naturalisation through Agent

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SAL1313

Applying for Naturalisation through Agent

Post by SAL1313 » Tue May 20, 2014 2:15 pm

Dear all,

I am going to apply for Naturalization soon however I have a question....

My office uses an Immigration expert company for work permits etc and I have been given the option of using them for our Naturalization (me and my wife). My office is going to take care of the cost so this has no financial impact on me (I will just be paying the usual naturalisation application fee), however I have known of anyone to apply through an agent before and am concerned that is this a wise move so seeking your opinion.

Obviously the standard route would be through NCS. The agent is of course fully registered (OISC etc) and has been in the business a very long time with a very credible history and record, however do you think it will raise case workers eyebrows getting an application from them?

Oh and just to be clear, the agent will work just like NCS i.e they have said they will copy all documents, passports etc and will sign them off as originals seen. I will not need to send any originals and will be able to keep my passport etc.

What do you guys think?

Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Applying for Naturalisation through Agent

Post by Casa » Tue May 20, 2014 3:05 pm

Applying through an agent is a frequently used option instead of applying through the NCS. A well qualified OISC immigration advisor is likely to have a far greater knowledge of the regulations than some NCS employees.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Applying for Naturalisation through Agent

Post by Amber » Wed May 21, 2014 11:46 am

Indeed, the NCS cannot legally offer any immigration/nationality advice and are merely a checking service to make sure your form is in order. Although, they have access to a caseworker support line. Perhaps if the application is straightforward the NCS would be the cheaper option.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.