ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Short Term Family Visa to UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

techguy007

Short Term Family Visa to UK

Post by techguy007 » Tue May 20, 2014 5:08 pm

Dear all,

I plan to bring my father in law from china for few months on a family visa.

Me and my wife both have Settlement visa. We have one year old baby. We would like the grandfather to come and spend some time with our son and us.

What sort of documents my father in law should submit in china? I have compiled a list after checking the home office web site.
Can you please let me know if the below documents are enough for the whole procedure. If not please suggest what extra documents he should supply.

1) Father in law,Myself and my wife passport copies with UK visa - Do we need to send our passports to china or do they accept the photocopies ?
2) Six months bank statements of my father in law certified by the bank
3) Proof of his properties in China
4) Pension details,(He is retired and living alone)

5) *****Do we need to send our bank statements and work details(salary slips)? If so how many months of details should be submit?
6) Tenancy agreement of the property we reside
7) Invitation letter from us to the father in law
8) Does he need to buy a return air ticket? (We would like him to stay with us 5-6 months)

9) Also I notice that the Visa can be applied online? Can we apply on behalf of him?

Appreciate all your support
Thanks in advance

batleykhan

Re: Short Term Family Visa to UK

Post by batleykhan » Sun May 25, 2014 6:33 pm

techguy007 wrote:Dear all,

I plan to bring my father in law from china for few months on a family visa.

Me and my wife both have Settlement visa. We have one year old baby. We would like the grandfather to come and spend some time with our son and us.

What sort of documents my father in law should submit in china? I have compiled a list after checking the home office web site.
Can you please let me know if the below documents are enough for the whole procedure. If not please suggest what extra documents he should supply.

1) Father in law,Myself and my wife passport copies with UK visa - Do we need to send our passports to china or do they accept the photocopies ?

Certified copies will do

2) Six months bank statements of my father in law certified by the bank
3) Proof of his properties in China
4) Pension details,(He is retired and living alone)

All of above would be fine

5) *****Do we need to send our bank statements and work details(salary slips)? If so how many months of details should be submit?

3 months of each would be enough

6) Tenancy agreement of the property we reside
7) Invitation letter from us to the father in law
8) Does he need to buy a return air ticket? (We would like him to stay with us 5-6 months)

Yes return ticket is better - 6 months is max that he is allowed to stay

9) Also I notice that the Visa can be applied online? Can we apply on behalf of him?

Yes you can apply online via Visa4UK website......If you wish you can pay extra for a priority visa, which will be decided in 7 days

Appreciate all your support
Thanks in advance

techguy007

Post by techguy007 » Sun May 25, 2014 9:01 pm

Dear Sir,

Many thanks for the response.

1)So if we apply online on behalf of him, do we need to printout and confirmation page and post that to him?
2) Once we applied online on behalf of him, he has to visit the visa office in china with all the documents and submit them. Is that the procedure?

Many thanks

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon May 26, 2014 11:23 am

techguy007 wrote:Dear Sir,

Many thanks for the response.

1)So if we apply online on behalf of him, do we need to printout and confirmation page and post that to him?
2) Once we applied online on behalf of him, he has to visit the visa office in china with all the documents and submit them. Is that the procedure?

Many thanks
Yes thats right . He attaches his documents to the ones you sent and he then takes them to the local UK visa office in China

techguy007

Post by techguy007 » Mon May 26, 2014 5:36 pm

Dear Sir,

1) Is there a sponsorship declaration form or letter i need to submit?
2) My father in law has sufficient money in his bank statements to proof that he has a very good financial stability. How much money does he need to bring to UK(he plans to stay 5+months with us).
3)Will the immigration ask how about the money he will be bringing to UK?
4) One of the visa requirements is that visitors should have enough money to cover all the expenses during the time he spend in uk.
If that is the case why they ask to show our bank statements and Salary details? Is it because we are inviting my father in law to uk?
Any rough guidance in the amount of money that we should show in the bank statements?

I seen in few websites that a minimum income of £18,600 per annum is needed? Does that apply to short term family visit visa?

Thank you in advance

nm
Member of Standing

Post by nm » Wed May 28, 2014 11:53 am

Hi

I am planning to bring my mother in law here on a short term visa, she does not have any properties on her name, she has the bank account opened a month before and i may needs to wait for her to get 6 months of bank statement.

Many of my friends say the visitor visas are refused in the first time or the second time and they get only after a few trys ? Will that true ?

Also, do thye needs to have any properties on their name ?

Appreciated your hlep.

nm
Member of Standing

Post by nm » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:26 pm

Hi,

Could someone help me answering my question please ?