ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Name Change (Deed Poll)

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

clio
Newly Registered

Name Change (Deed Poll)

Post by clio » Wed May 21, 2014 2:28 pm

I wish to have my name changed, it does not matter if my graduation certificate comes with the name on my current passport- I just want to be known with the new name at work so I'd definitely change the name on National Insurance Number and my bank details.

Do I have to inform the University about this? Will it affect my visa? I still have got a year left at uni, can I stay with my current visa while using a new name?

searoze

Re: Name Change (Deed Poll)

Post by searoze » Thu May 22, 2014 11:25 am

clio wrote:I wish to have my name changed, it does not matter if my graduation certificate comes with the name on my current passport- I just want to be known with the new name at work so I'd definitely change the name on National Insurance Number and my bank details.

Do I have to inform the University about this? Will it affect my visa? I still have got a year left at uni, can I stay with my current visa while using a new name?
Your Deed Poll will get your documents and records changed that have been issued or are held by UK government departments, companies and organisations so long as you can get your passport changed to your new name. This is because you may need to demonstrate to UK record holders that you are changing your name for "all purposes". If you do not get your passport changed, clearly you are not changing your name for all purposes.

Many countries allow their nationals who live in the UK to change their passport using their Deed Poll but we suggest you check with the consular services section of your country's embassy or high commission in London before you apply for your Deed Poll to check if there are any special requirements
Mistakes are the portals of discovery.
Please correct me if am wrong