ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passing RLMT

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rex90

Passing RLMT

Post by rex90 » Wed May 21, 2014 2:53 pm

Can experts here give us some guidance on how easy it is to pass RLMT?

Let's assume that a job is not on the shortage occupation list and RLMT needs to be done. How intense is the home office investigation into this? What sort of rough liklihood is there that this will not be accepted?

Thanks,

Rex

the3rdman

Re: Passing RLMT

Post by the3rdman » Wed May 21, 2014 4:00 pm

I think if your sponsor just follows the instructions to the "T", you should be fine, given the job falls into the correct NVQ and salary matches SOC, which seems to be the most common error.

So, to answer your question, it's easy if everything is done per the policy guidance. Things get complicated if you miss any tiny details.

rex90

Post by rex90 » Wed May 21, 2014 7:13 pm

Thanks mate, any ideas how it works if I do in-person, premium application? Can i get the visa same day?

the3rdman

Post by the3rdman » Thu May 22, 2014 9:34 am

I haven't done an in-person appointment myself, but apparently you will get the visa the same day. Again, that's all contingent upon the application being done correctly.

desperado1306
India

Post by desperado1306 » Thu May 22, 2014 11:35 am

With premium appointment, In-Person application, you get the result on the same day, your biometric deatails collected as well, but it would still take a few working days before you get your visa (by post).

rex90

Post by rex90 » Wed May 28, 2014 9:15 am

Thanks, I understand that normal applications in-person are decided on the day, but since for tier 2 there needs to be RLMT, doesn't that mean they will need to do an investigation and therefore takes longer?