ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Application-Extension to Info Request Deadlin

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

boiboi
Newly Registered

Naturalisation Application-Extension to Info Request Deadlin

Post by boiboi » Wed May 21, 2014 4:18 pm

I have received a letter from the Home Office requesting that I provide the evidence of the level of English language required by 05/06/2014 for my Naturalisation Application. There are no test dates for any of these exams where I will get my results in time for sending off to the Home Office. I however applied through UK NARIC for them to provide me with a statement of comparability and an English Language Assessment that my degree was taught in English. I have received the Comparability Assessment letter but they cannot let me have the English Assessment until after 05/06/2014 (the Home Office deadline).

The problem is I have written to the Home Office to inform them about this situation (by e-mail) only yesterday and I also requested an extension. I haven't heard back from them anyway.

I intend to send the Statement of Comparability first and then the English Assessment as and when I receive it.

Anyone here with any views.... :?:

akash08

Re: Naturalisation Application-Extension to Info Request Dea

Post by akash08 » Thu May 22, 2014 8:38 pm

First thing first, do you have a letter from university saying your degree was taught in English? If you have that, you do not need ELA.

does your degree give you points in PBS? Then send it and again you do not need ELA.

Assuming the answer to both the above questions are NO,send a print out of NARIC email, correspondence, tracker info etc. saying you have applied for it and here is the proof and here is the expected date.

Then keep calling HO every day asking what they are going to do and demand to speak to your caseworker.

The problem is you applying for ELA does not mean that you will have a favourable outcome and so they are within their rights not to wait for an outcome that is unknown. All you cam try is to prove to them that you are actively working on it and be polite and hope they would make an exception.

boiboi
Newly Registered

Post by boiboi » Fri May 23, 2014 8:18 am

The problem is access to the case worker. I have the correspondence with NARIC, my course transcript, the degree certificate and not sure where to get the PBS printout. Can you please point me in the right direction?

Regards

akash08

Post by akash08 » Fri May 23, 2014 4:30 pm

https://www.points.homeoffice.gov.uk/gu ... ment.faces

If you have never used this before, just seek help from others. There are hundreds (if not thousands) of posts here on how to use it.

If you get 20 points for degree, 10 points for language, take the print out and send. That is it.

Sorry I can not guide you step by step on how to use this but there are many helpful members in this forum who have done this before and for sure will help you again, if you ask the right question.

boiboi
Newly Registered

Post by boiboi » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:35 pm

I managed to get a Statement of Comparability & an English Language Assessment from UK NARIC to confirm my degree was taught in English and is comparable to a UK bachelors degree. Hopefully that should meet the requirements this time around.
Thanks for your comments.