ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help please!! I'm new here life in the uk test not done

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mkice2006
Newly Registered

Help please!! I'm new here life in the uk test not done

Post by Mkice2006 » Wed May 21, 2014 5:44 pm

Well I came to the uk in 2004 on a visitors visa when I was 17yrs old. I attended college and was accepted at a top UNI which in the end I didn't go as my father couldn't afford the fees. To cut story short, I have applied for leave to remain as I now have two kids with my fiancée. I submitted my application without life I the uk test. I have been asked to provide proof that my partner is indeed a British citizen which I have the documents and will be sending the to HO on Monday. I'm a bit worried as I haven't been asked to do the life in the uk test which is a requirement for ilr. Also the case worker said they Believe that our relationship is a genuine one but I have to supply proof of my partner being British which is no problem. Can anyone advise me if I need to do life in the uk ASAP and send it with the documents I hae been asked to provide?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Help please!! I'm new here life in the uk test not done

Post by CR001 » Wed May 21, 2014 9:46 pm

after your visit visa expired, what was your visa status for you to be able to apply for ILR? Are you applying on the basis of 10 years residence??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mkice2006
Newly Registered

Post by Mkice2006 » Thu May 22, 2014 12:51 am

CR001 wrote:after your visit visa expired, what was your visa status for you to be able to apply for ILR? Are you applying on the basis of 10 years residence??
Before my visa expired my dad tried to switch it to ILR, but it was denied. The case was then pending for another 3 years. After 3 years home office refused. Since then my dad never did anything. After I met my partner and had kids I decided to make a fresh application for IRL. I have not been asked to do the life in the uk test by home office even though they have asked me to provide more information which I have always done. The latest is to prove that my partner is British.

Mkice2006
Newly Registered

Post by Mkice2006 » Thu May 22, 2014 12:58 am

I'm applying on the basis that my circumstance has changed from the last time as I have a family now. I'm just worried my application might be refused as I haven't done my life in the uk test. But surely I thought the application wouldn't have gone this far if I hadn't done my life in the uk test.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Thu May 22, 2014 9:06 am

having heard a similar case from someone else, i have a feeling that u will be given a further leave to remain for 2.5 years. which would later need to be extended again. Hence they have not asked for LIUK.

Mkice2006
Newly Registered

Post by Mkice2006 » Thu May 22, 2014 9:55 am

So when I need to extend will I have to pay fee again? Also can I do the test now and send it with the other info I have been asked to do?