ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Charter of Fundamental Rights

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

geoffsinclair

EU Charter of Fundamental Rights

Post by geoffsinclair » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:24 pm

Does anyone know the impact of Article 45 of the proposed EU Charter of Fundamental Rights on third country nationals living in an EU state?

Article 45
Freedom of movement and of residence
1. Every citizen of the Union has the right to move and reside freely within the territory of the
Member States.
2. Freedom of movement and residence may be granted, in accordance with the Treaty establishing
the European Community, to nationals of third countries legally resident in the territory of a Member
State.

The Treaty establishing the European Community sought to establish a common list of visa countries so does this mean an end to the Schengen visa and the introduction of an EU visa?

This may mean nothing if the UK and Poland have anything to say but if it does squeeze by with alterations, this may be a whole different visa hoops to jump through for us third country nationals.

Europe is begining to suck donkey b@lls.

Geoff

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Post by Marco 72 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:43 pm

If you think BIA is slow and inefficient, wait until there's only one body dealing with immigration and citizenship for the whole of Europe...

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:08 pm

Marco 72 wrote:If you think BIA is slow and inefficient, wait until there's only one body dealing with immigration and citizenship for the whole of Europe...
Actually, compared with the immigration services of many countries (inside and outside Europe), the BIA is usually pretty fast and efficient - sad to say.

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Post by Marco 72 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:19 pm

Christophe wrote:Actually, compared with the immigration services of many countries (inside and outside Europe), the BIA is usually pretty fast and efficient - sad to say.
I agree. I was particularly surprised to see my UK naturalisation application approved in only four weeks. In some other EU countries it can take years. My wife will become eligible for Italian citizenship in a couple of weeks, but we won't bother to apply. Instead we'll just wait another year and have her apply for British citizenship.

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:11 am

Marco 72 wrote:My wife will become eligible for Italian citizenship in a couple of weeks, but we won't bother to apply. Instead we'll just wait another year and have her apply for British citizenship.
She could always apply for both.