ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Doubt about job title in SOC code 3422

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bubbly123

Doubt about job title in SOC code 3422

Post by bubbly123 » Thu May 22, 2014 8:41 am

Hello friends,

Thank you for replying to my earlier questions you have been do helpful. Am applying without a solicitor.

My company sells wigs and hair pieces and I design the wigs according to my customers preferences and measurements and also design according to their face patterns and head shapes. It's made to measure. My question in the soc code guidance they have given certain job titles like fashion designer, design consultant etc. but my title will be apt if I call myself wig designer. Which is not mentioned in the suggested job titles in soc code. But I presume that the job titles given there are only examples and you can have your own relevant title.

However the roles and responsibilities are as required and specified in the soc 3422.

Please reply
thanks

mcr2013

Re: Doubt about job title in SOC code 3422

Post by mcr2013 » Thu May 22, 2014 9:53 am

If u proving exactly same services as mentioned in the code then don't call urself wig designer

Momi
United Kingdom

Post by Momi » Thu May 22, 2014 10:45 am

If you selling wigs then I'm afraid it don't fall under level 4 or Level 6 but it's level 1-2.
Think and read thoroughly this forum.
It's always better to have some knowledge before applying visa.
Best of luck.

bubbly123

Post by bubbly123 » Thu May 22, 2014 2:36 pm

mcr2013 wrote:If u proving exactly same services as mentioned in the code then don't call urself wig designer
Hello mcr2013 and momi,

Thank you for your reply.

In the Soc issued on 6 april 2014 on page number 92 it is mentioned that people who are involved in liasing with clients to determine the purpose, cost and specifications and prepares sketches, designs, patterns or prototypes for textiles, clothing, foot wear, jewellery, set props, WIGS, ceramics, motor vehicles domestic Spam and engineering products.

and my job role is same I have to liase with client to know their preferences and I suggest the type of hair and pattrn of style to be used and prepare a sketch post which a mock up is prepared and client will be invited for approval once the approval is given the actual wig wll be made.

so will that come under soc 3422 as it maches the job tasks?
my second question is under the related job titles they have given
design consultant
fashion designer
furniture designer
interior designer
Spam designer
textile designer

should i only be picking titles from the above?