ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 (General) to Tier 2 (General) with new sponsor

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

1980bust
Newly Registered

Tier 2 (General) to Tier 2 (General) with new sponsor

Post by 1980bust » Thu May 22, 2014 2:17 pm

Hello

I'm currently about to begin the process of changing from one Tier 2 sponsor to another. I just have a few questions if anyone can help!

1. Do I fill out the regular (Tier 2 General) application form or a Grant of Leave and Biometric Residence Permit one?

2. Once I have the new employer's CoS, I will be booking a priority application service. When it comes to the Biometric data to be supplied, it says to get it captured at a post office, but you need an invitation number. Does this number come when you make/pay for your application booking, or once you've made the application? Basically, do I need to have the biometrics FOR the application, or add them afterwards?

3. Does anyone know how soon you can get an appointment at the priority application centre?

Thank you so much for any help!

rex90

Re: Tier 2 (General) to Tier 2 (General) with new sponsor

Post by rex90 » Thu May 22, 2014 3:14 pm

I am also interested in this information.

With regards to biometrics, if you're doing this premium in person application, then you can give them there I think.

vpruk
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by vpruk » Thu May 22, 2014 3:59 pm

Hi Manci,

Hope you could help me out please!

I am in Tier 2 General visa for a year and half now, and i would like to apply for Tier 2 genreal visa with new COS and new employer.

1. Can i apply for 5 years ? bcoz someone was saying 'we can't?

2. Do i apply for my depandant together with my application?

3. What documents do i need to send along with application form?

Please guide me ! Thanks in advance !

amit_sharma90
Mood:
India

Post by amit_sharma90 » Thu May 22, 2014 7:32 pm

could you please confirm if tier 2 general visa online application should be filled in upper case letter or normal case is fine?

onlooker

Post by onlooker » Thu May 22, 2014 11:48 pm

[quote="1980bust"]Hello

1. Do I fill out the regular (Tier 2 General) application form or a Grant of Leave and Biometric Residence Permit one?

2. Once I have the new employer's CoS, I will be booking a priority application service. When it comes to the Biometric data to be supplied, it says to get it captured at a post office, but you need an invitation number. Does this number come when you make/pay for your application booking, or once you've made the application? Basically, do I need to have the biometrics FOR the application, or add them afterwards?

3. Does anyone know how soon you can get an appointment at the priority application centre?
Thank you so much for any help![/quote]

1. You fill the biometric one. It is different from the out-of-country one.
2. If you mean the same-day service, the biometrics will be done in HO when you apply.
3. Earlier this month it took less than two weeks, but it can be much longer.

1980bust
Newly Registered

Post by 1980bust » Wed May 28, 2014 10:03 am

Thanks for the help so far.

I have had conflicting information (from UKV&I) about which is the right form to fill out. Some say the Tier 2 general form (as in the one you use from outside the UK), others say there's one to use if you're already here.

I am currently in the UK and simply want to change from one Tier 2 sponsor to another. My current visa is nowhere near running out. Simply - which form is the correct one for my situation?

Thanks again!