ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 general to Tier4

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

DBK

Tier 2 general to Tier4

Post by DBK » Thu May 22, 2014 3:29 pm

Hi people.

I came to the UK on student visa on Feb 2007(pre T4 system) to do ACCA(level 7?). After doing part qualification I did BSC(hons) from oxford brooks(I just had to write one project to get this) and got PSW in oct 2009. After this I got sponsered by employer and got T2 general in Nov 2011 which i have to renew on nov 2014.

I still havent finished ACCA and im thinking about doing some course for next 2.5 years untill im eligible for ILR on feb 2017. I called couple of colleges they say because i was here for level 7 courses i wouldn't be able to apply for same level 7 courses again.

Is there any way i can apply for student visa again. FWiw I don't really love working where im working now. just trying to live stress free 2.5 years

Any suggestion are welcome

DBK

Re: Tier 2 general to Tier4

Post by DBK » Fri May 23, 2014 10:10 am

update:

i got email from LSBF they will accept me for CFA 2.5years course and there wouldn't be problem getting visa. course starts september, my T2 expires November. If anyone knows:

if i get my student visa rejected can i continue working and renew my T2 visa??

searoze

Re: Tier 2 general to Tier4

Post by searoze » Sat May 24, 2014 1:15 am

DBK wrote:Hi people.

I came to the UK on student visa on Feb 2007(pre T4 system) to do ACCA(level 7?). After doing part qualification I did BSC(hons) from oxford brooks(I just had to write one project to get this) and got PSW in oct 2009. After this I got sponsered by employer and got T2 general in Nov 2011 which i have to renew on nov 2014.

I still havent finished ACCA and im thinking about doing some course for next 2.5 years untill im eligible for ILR on feb 2017. I called couple of colleges they say because i was here for level 7 courses i wouldn't be able to apply for same level 7 courses again.

Is there any way i can apply for student visa again. FWiw I don't really love working where im working now. just trying to live stress free 2.5 years

Any suggestion are welcome
Tier 4 students are desperate to switch into Tier 2 and you........... LOL your choice anyway

As you spent nearly 2.5 years on student visa so you still have 2.5 yrs left at degree level. If you score your points then you wont be refused for Tier 4 visa. If the Tier 4 application outcome is prior to the expiry of your current visa then you can extend your Tier 2 visa.
Remember: You dont have established presence so ou have to produce maintenance funds for 9 months.
Mistakes are the portals of discovery.
Please correct me if am wrong