ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Gap in Tier 2 general visa transferred to another NHS trust

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

alinawaz143
Newly Registered

Gap in Tier 2 general visa transferred to another NHS trust

Post by alinawaz143 » Thu May 22, 2014 5:29 pm

Hi everyone
I am working as doctor in a NHS trust. My current visa is up till August 2015. I have got another job at same level in another NHS trust.
My questions:
The new job is starting on August 06, 2014. in order to keep the 5 year tenure towards ILR intact what should be the ideal Notice period? What will happen to the current visa if i have applied for another one, would the new visa start from the same date the current one finishes?
Also if the notice period with the current employer ends on July 30th, 2014 and the new one starts from Aug 06, 2014. Would The 6 day gap between the visas affect my total count towards ILR?

Regards,

Ali

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Gap in Tier 2 general visa transferred to another NHS tr

Post by iworker » Fri May 23, 2014 10:18 am

Once u have the COS from new trust, u have to apply within 3 months. U can apply 3 months before start of new job.
Say you apply on 15 June and get visa by 15 July, it would have start date as 6 aug.
U do not have to worry about the gaps in employment, its all fine.

matsben78
Newly Registered

Post by matsben78 » Mon May 26, 2014 9:00 am

Hi

I think alinawaz143, you would not have any problems with the visa. And you can work in your present Trust till you get the last day.
My situation is different.
Im also in NHS Trust Hospital. my present Tier 2 visa is finishing on the 6th of July. And new job will start on 6th August. My question is can I work till the 30th of July or should I stop working? Or can i work only 20 hours a week?
Please advise!!
Thanks

alinawaz143
Newly Registered

Post by alinawaz143 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:16 pm

Thanks Guys for the prompt response, one more question, my wife's visa is also valid till my current visa(August 2015), do i need to apply for her as well or is her visa is valid till the current one expires?